Importing airfields from other maps

For all those who have downloaded my map building tutorial, I must point out a mistake in the
part about importing airfields from other maps. The way I tell you to do it is wrong, although it
will work if you do it that way, you will not have any control over which objects you import.

I have re-written that part & fly_zo has replaced the old one with the new version.
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...hp?t=14643

Here is the way it should be done -
[Image: airfield1.jpg]
[Image: airfield2.jpg]
[Image: airfield3.jpg]
[Image: airfield4.jpg]

Link to the new tutorial, please?

Well, i did this in a different way. In file browser program of your choice (i use total commander Big Grin) i had my map folder under IL2/MODS/MapMods/MyMap open, on the opposite side i had IL2/Maps/MyMap folder open. Then i opened desired map (saj online9), selected objects that i wanted, pressed ctrl+c and loaded my map. Paste there, saved, loaded new map that i wanted somethign out of, again pressed ctrl+c but before i loaded my map again i copied avtors file from IL2/Maps/MyMap to IL2/MODS/MapMods/MyMap, so i did not loose previously saved info. Etc Smile

Sounds good but I've no idea what a file browser program is, do you need one for your
method to work.

Cheers
Kevin

kevinp Wrote:Sounds good but I've no idea what a file browser program is, do you need one for your
method to work.

Cheers
Kevin

A file browser is another name for an non-Microsoft Windows Explorer, also called a file manager. It lets you copy/move/delete/rename/archive files, make directories, do searches and a whole bunch of other basic functions.

Ever since Norton Commander introduced the dual window type of file manager, they have been an almost necessary part of computering. There are lots of freeware file browsers/file managers.

Total Commander (used to be called File commander I believe) is one of the oldies but very versatile.

Thanks for the update to the tutorial. There are so many mysteries in map making and it's always great to get some good opinion and advice.

This is the method I use.

Work in FMB Map Editor Mode

Open map you want to copy from.

Select all objects you want and copy --- Ctrl C

Open the map you want to copy the objects to and paste -- Ctrl V

The objects will all appear on the map as a group.

Move the group and rotate to the position you want and thats it.

-- Dont forget to Save at this point then copy the saved actors into the map directory.

Thanks everyone for the useful info. I never thought of just using Ctrl+C to copy an
airfield from one map to another.