Stalingrad Map? What happened with the WIP?

I was wondering what happened with the WIP mapmod of Stalingrad?
It all looked so promising, 'cause the default one is quite disappointing.
I've seen many new maps, new textures, new objects, but for some reason the Stalingrad project stopped a long time ago unfortunately. And in WWII it was such an important theatre of operations.

There were some very interesting starts of modding this map, for instance by mandrill7, CUJO_1970 and Friendly_Flyer (and not by lowfighter as I mentioned before my edit :oops: ):
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...sc&start=0

[Image: Stalingrad01-1.jpg]
Mandrill7's retextured map.

[Image: Stalingrad02-1.jpg]
lowfighter's Industry Template for AUTOPOP

Hopefully somebody will pick it up? :oops:

By the way, if somebody asks why I don't give it a try myself...I admire all the work, time and energy you spend, but I really don't know how to do it. I think learning to read medieval Chinese poetry is easier for me than learning how to mod.

I think we all got swept into other projects. Or maybe those of us who are more exciting, got caught up in RL. :wink:

The project was never really organized. Each of the guys involved had separate interests. If it is ever redone, the Stalingrad map should probably be remade from the beginning with a new map_c, etc.

Speaking for myself, there are Eastern Front maps I would prefer to work on, such as the Belarus-Smolensk map I just posted screenies of. The area of the Stalingrad campaign is huge and the Luftwaffe was solidly in control for most of the time, which makes it hard for a "VVS fan" like me to get motivated.

I understand your point of view Mandrill, but it was worth to give it a try anyway. Would love to see a new Stalingrad map so who knows.

I was the one doing the industrial template. Unfortunately Lowfighter went offline, now I have a half-finished industrial area and no-one to answer my questions. If anyone know Autopopp and woiuld like to continue the work on the industrial template, I'm game!

Here's how far I got before work stopped:

[Image: Industrailhalfway.jpg]

Friendly_flyer Wrote:I was the one doing the industrial template. Unfortunately Lowfighter went offline, now I have a half-finished industrial area and no-one to answer my questions. If anyone know Autopopp and woiuld like to continue the work on the industrial template, I'm game!

:oops:
Sorry I mentioned Lowfighter as the developer of the Industrial Template instead of you. I must have overlooked it somehow. (I already changed it in my initial post)
But is there any update about Lowfighter? His last comments were in January or February. I remember another post of him weeks and weeks ago saying that he was not able to join here because of problems with his internet connection or problems with the provider. I would think that it should have been solved by now.

It's a shame that Lowfighter isn't around. He was very encouraging and helpful to me when I was a total newb at this stuff.

I hope he comes back soon.

It's quite alright Lejo, it was Lowfighter doing the job, I just populated an industrial field. If anyone know how Autopops works, I'll be more than happy to help making an industrial template.

No problem. Give me the map and the templates and i will autopop it.

Friendly_flyer Wrote:Here's how far I got before work stopped:

[Image: Industrailhalfway.jpg]

Looks great. I'd love to use that template when I autopop France on my map.