Gone fishing! lol

This is the End!
To all the mapmakers, missionbuilders, campaign makers and modders out there!
I will be having a at least 1 month time without IL2 (need my pills)t. I'm going to hike in Finnish Lapland. And i will also go to Norway (Lofoten) and if i'm not too tired, to 1 of the Most beautifull places in Scandinavia, Abisco National Park in Sweden.
I will be back in August sometime!
Small updates: I have almost finished Team IBConfused Southern Spain generic version. It needs to be tested though!
And i'm also making some desert maps per request.
Plans are made for several scandinavian/ north Russian maps. We will see...
So that,s all from me.
PS I will upload heaps of photos about my vacation to photobucket. I will try to find few ww2 airplane wrecks in lapland!
Kapteeni

Have fun hiking up there! One last question: Where do you get you maps (heights etc) for you finnish maps? I would love to make a map of laatokka (dunno what it is in english) and area around it. (gulf of finland is too small :wink: )

KG64_cnopicilin Wrote:Have fun hiking up there! One last question: Where do you get you maps (heights etc) for you finnish maps? I would love to make a map of laatokka (dunno what it is in english) and area around it. (gulf of finland is too small :wink: )
Unfortunately there is no satellitedata available. So i had to use google-earth and other sources. That makes the mapmaking PITA. That is the reason why my maps are so small. I must create heighdata for Map_h in photoshop and in exctended FMB Cry
I wish that somebody knows where we can find satellitedata. That would be a great help!

And yes i sure will have fun. Let's hope that it will not rain all the time
kapteeni

kapteeni Wrote:
KG64_cnopicilin Wrote:Have fun hiking up there! One last question: Where do you get you maps (heights etc) for you finnish maps? I would love to make a map of laatokka (dunno what it is in english) and area around it. (gulf of finland is too small :wink: )
Unfortunately there is no satellitedata available. So i had to use google-earth and other sources. That makes the mapmaking PITA. That is the reason why my maps are so small. I must create heighdata for Map_h in photoshop and in exctended FMB Cry
I wish that somebody knows where we can find satellitedata. That would be a great help!

And yes i sure will have fun. Let's hope that it will not rain all the time
kapteeni
OK thanks.

... enjoy your trip , take your time ...... we will be here :wink:

cheers
Z

Hey, have a great time!

Annoying the annoying, so you don't have to.
[Image: 29p95pf.gif]

God tur til Lofoten!

Friendly_flyer Wrote:God tur til Lofoten!
Tack. Jag skall stanna d

Enjoy your vacation! We appreciate everything you've done for us. It's time to take time for yourself.

(looking forward to that Spain map.)

Have fun hiking!
Don't forget to make some good photo's of all kind of textures which you can possibly use afterwards for a new map. Sorry for giving you some homework. :wink: