[WIP] KTO Map Upgrade {Taking Requests}

Last Chance for Last Minute Requests!

I plan to begin beta testing the new 3BG_KTO v2.0 Maps with the 51st FIS Online Squadron in the next week or so. At such time there will be no additional things added to the KTO Map. All extra time will go into fixing any problems found.

______

It's really fun to watch the multi take offs at Suwon!

Have you considered releasing the map as a beta for a short while, so the community can help you flesh out any problems? If you look on this site, you can see that many modders do this. They first release their map or plane or any other type of mod as a beta.

This basically allows the entire community to act as beta testers. I've seen a lot of bugs found this way. It makes a lot of sense. The more eyes/ears/hands you can get involved in the process, the better.

Now, I just wanted to touch base with you one more time about the 'roads into the water' issue, since I haven't seen you mention this at all. I will post some images below. (I have already PM'd you all the specific locations.)

From the Full Mission Builder:

[Image: ktoroadsfmb.th.jpg]

From an actual mission:

[Image: ktoroadscamera.th.jpg]

Aviar

Dixicapt, we at Air Group 51 are regular visitors in the skies over your beautiful map and we love it. Others have asked this question but I don't think I saw an answer; is it possible to add a few more rail lines? And now for a really off the wall request, would the game engine allow for roads or RR tracks to go through terrain features via tunnels?

This map ROCKS! You and Flat et al did a terrific job on the original and I can only immagine how much better this one will be. Thanks for all of your hard work on this! Big Grin

Ha,

I logged on to PM Fly_Zo and hand him the Map. (which I already have)

I plan to keep upgrading the map, this wont be the last time I do so. Treat every version as a Beta because of my upgrades, but also treat them as official upgrades.... what I am trying to say is go ahead with your missions, campaigns, or DCG's. Major things won't be changed.

Thenks for your Help AAA, You helped add much more to this upgrade then I was planning.

Sorry I missed your road issue aviar, I had a lot of PM's and must have over looked it. Thanks for your comment Razor. I haven't added more railroads yet, but I plan to in the next upgrade.

I hope you all have half as much fun playing on the map as I had making it, and thanks for all the help I had.

Dixiecapt Wrote:Sorry I missed your road issue aviar, I had a lot of PM's and must have over looked it.

In that case, I'll list the grids where the road leads into the water. This may come in handy for mission and campaign builders. If you place vehicle waypoints along those particular areas, they WILL follow the road. However, where the road is covered by water, the vehicle(s) will actually appear to be driving on top of the water.

Here are the locations:

BB-40
BA-40
AY-43
AY-44
AX-44

Aviar