map tools and Vista

i have zero experience on Vista ( shame on me :oops: :oops: ) so i would like to know ,

is there anything that Vista user should be aware of regarding tools ?

please help !

many thanks
Z

thx :wink:

two basic questions regarding Vista :

how can one check file attributes ( like read only ...) on Vista

and how can change folder properties so extensions gets visible ?

Is it different than on XP ?

many thanks

Z

so there i have an old Pc where Xp is running on it!
i have put the tools you gave me in it and see there it works!

Ok, hope that will do ..... in the meantime i'll try to find someone with Vista in RL

Z

I have used vista on and off, i have issues with programs for il2... but i wouldent expect this to have problems.

Hellzone Wrote:I have used vista on and off, i have issues with programs for il2... but i wouldent expect this to have problems.

many thanks Hellzone Big Grin ,

can you help us with this:

how can one check file attributes ( like read only ...) on Vista

and how can change folder properties so extensions gets visible ?

Is it different than on XP ?

thanks in advance

Z

to this one i have found it with right klick on the file and than beneath there it musst be a box to tik in!
"how can one check file attributes ( like read only ...) on Vista"

Sorry to dig up this topic but I have too much no choice :

I was offered recently a new PC with Vista. Old one used XP.

Henceforth, my use of 1946 is limited. I work on a map and thus modified my bldconf and the decent conf. But no result, I stay with the classic FMB. At the most interesting period, I can't do anything.... :evil:

I also noticed that when I create a career with Dgen, the corresponding files do not build up themselves any more in the directory "Campaign / nation". With XP, I had no it concerns, everything worked perfectly...

Same thing when I try to modify default skins. There's no new file for new camo in " Cache "..

I try with my older PC and there was no problem. But but what it is slow... And sometimes he crash himself...

Is anyone had an idea ?

In short: access rights on that folder that you want to store files. Make sure your user has Read/Write access rights and i think you should be fine. I have no such problems with Vista 64bit but i don't have IL2 on C drive. D drive is where i store all data.

I've that a single session ( admin necessarily ). So rights can't be a problem. Smile

It is curious that it gave the right to me to add data in these files ( I imported since the older PC files necessary to create of new skins for statics aircrafts ) but what it refuses to take into account the modifications which I made on bldconf and conf.. :?