Green and brown textures map_T

I made a map of North Africa, Malta and Sicily.

Now my problem: I want different textures on Sicily (more green ) than in Nort Africa (desert and more dry ). How can i accomplish this by making map_T in Photoshop? :?

Please help me and many thanks in advance! Big Grin 8)

... well for my Croatia i've sacrificed texture slots for City3 ,AirField3 and LowLand0

picked up right shades for them from some default map's map_t.tga ( color picker tool ) and paint them to desired areas .... afterwards just assigned different textures for those slots ( in load.ini)

you can use also unlockFMB for fine placing textures ( view .... objects....tiles )

hope this helps

Z

Thanks Fly_Zo! Big Grin

dumb question...
When you edit, lets say City3 or LowLand0, does that effect all maps using that SAME texture... or is just to that map in its map folder?

If I make city3 muddy looking to obtain a desired look in malta, is berlin now going to have muddy streets...??

TS

Tigershark Wrote:dumb question...
When you edit, lets say City3 or LowLand0, does that effect all maps using that SAME texture... or is just to that map in its map folder?

If I make city3 muddy looking to obtain a desired look in malta, is berlin now going to have muddy streets...??

TS

it works like this .....

every slot ( textures) in load.ini has its own shade of gray in map_t.tga

when making brand new map (map_T.tga) from scratch you can decide where to apply some textures
( if using CW's method generated from srtm files usually slot for lowland ( zero meters alt) and city/runway slots are free ( that shade isn't present on map_T.tga )

now, if modifying finished map .... you need to find out which texture shade isn't in use ( empty in load.ini) find that shade (from some map that uses it ) and apply it via graph editor

cheers
Z