How to add NEW Maps to QMB in 4.08m... Advice Appreciated

I have read several threads here looking for an answer to my basic question, and the technical nature of the discussions has all but fried my brain. So I apologize in advance if my questions seem sophomoric, or if they have been asked before.

I play 1946, version 4.08m (modded) on a 4GZ dual processor VISTA machine. The game plays perfectly, and I can view all textures using "Perfect" mode. I believe the standard visual mode for 4.08m is DGen (but I have no idea what that is).

To be honest, I do not have enough time to play hour long missions and such, and I have never had the desire to play online. In short, I tend to do quick "in air" start shoot-em-ups... I wish I had more time to get immersed in this game to learn all the ins/outs of the really detailled skills to create missions, etc. But alas, I don't /can't , etc.

But I digress... I have two questions:

1) Is there a way to add additional maps to QMB?

2) I've read there are some excellent quality NEW maps, but they appear to be for 4.09b1m version. Is that true or have I missed something (likely)?

I am very happy with how IL2 runs ATM, so am very reluctant (scared, actually) to upgrade beyond 4.08m. Is there a way to upgrade all the default maps currently in my version of the game to vp_media's new versions? And if so, will my existing (one or two) favorite FMB single missions substitute the new maps for what is assigned to the mission?

For example, my fav single mission is an ME-163 intercept that lasts about 11 minutes from sharp start takeoff to landing. Saunders_1953 made this mission for me a couple years ago, for which I am grateful, and I have dibbled in fine tuning some properties within my limited skills. Everything in this mission is to my liking except the default Berlin map (or I think it's the Berlin map... it has Berlin on the left side). Again I digress, sorry. Point is the plane skins are wonderful, but visually, the map scenery below is too basic. And in QMB, the choice of maps is too short.

Anyway, is there a procedure I can use with my limited skills to upgrade these maps? I hope I might not be the only one with these questions/concerns.

Any help or suggestions (or link to where this has already been discussed) is appreciated...

OK, I drank three beers (while creating a game backup), crossed my fingers, and ran the Unified Installer successfully, so I now have the switcher and access to all the 4.08 and 4.09b1m versions (standard and modded). But I still have the same old limited choice of maps in QMB.

Sooooooo, can someone tell me please what I need to do (step by step) to make the included maps for Full Mission Builder (FMB) appear as choices in the Quick Mission Builder (QMB), or at least a handful of maps that I need to be able to fly in QMB... Berlin, NWEurope, and a couple others.

I'm not afraid to edit conf.ini and other files to make this happen.

I've been looking around the site to find this discussion, which I'm sure has occurred in the past. But I haven't found it, yet. If anyone can link me, I'll be happy to read that.

Do a search for the utility called QMB+. There should be full instructions in the thread.

Put your map in MODS/MAPMODS/maps folder

add map name and load.ini name to all.ini which is a file in MODS/MAPMODS/maps folder:
example: The_Slot_08-42 Slot/load_0842.ini

Look in il8n folder for maps_ru.properties Open it in Notepad and add the name of the map and what you want to appear in the QMB map list for a name:
example: Slot The Slot 8-42

In Missions/Quick you would have at least 2 .mis files :
SlotBlueNone00.mis and SlotRedNone00.mis

When you open these up you would have this at the beginning of each one:

[MAIN]
MAP Slot/load_0842.ini

See, it matches the 2nd phrase in your all.ini

Finally in conf.ini you need to assign the next number at the bottom under
[quick]
Customyournumberhere=Slot

Slot is the name of the map as called out in maps_ru.properties

Here's a bunch that work. Missions/Quick