MOD Maps disappeared from QMB- what have I done?

Yesterday upon the advice of a sim friend I placed all my maps (& other folders there )from 1946/Files folder into Mapmods in MODs Folder,effectively emptying it.I did this to "steamline my folder so to speak. Then being the not-so-bright boy I also copied this over my base copy of the sim in another drive.Imagine my surprise when I played the sime that all the maps except basic default maps had disapeared from QMB including the QMT+ options for" Scramble" etc. The maps are still in my MapMods folder & work in the game but no longer showup for the fun of the QMB.Before I do something drastic does anyone have an idea of what I should do ...first!

jamesdietz Wrote:Yesterday upon the advice of a sim friend I placed all my maps (& other folders there )from 1946/Files folder into Mapmods in MODs Folder,effectively emptying it.I did this to "steamline my folder so to speak. Then being the not-so-bright boy I also copied this over my base copy of the sim in another drive.Imagine my surprise when I played the sime that all the maps except basic default maps had disapeared from QMB including the QMT+ options for" Scramble" etc. The maps are still in my MapMods folder & work in the game but no longer showup for the fun of the QMB.Before I do something drastic does anyone have an idea of what I should do ...first!

be sure to place all.ini into MODS\MAPMODS\maps\ folder .... and that it have entries for all maps

switching to proper mod structure this late ..... shame on you , all my stickies and install instructions are in vain ....

Z

Fly-Zu,,,you are so right ...but it was with the best of intentions..oh well I needed a fresh install to get rid of extra stuff...However...with everything working I now have the old title screen of a Thunderbolt...how did that happen? How can I get my favorite 109 & Spitfire screen back...I promise I won't ask another thing ( for a while!)
Dietz

jamesdietz Wrote:Fly-Zu,,,you are so right ...but it was with the best of intentions..oh well I needed a fresh install to get rid of extra stuff...However...with everything working I now have the old title screen of a Thunderbolt...how did that happen? How can I get my favorite 109 & Spitfire screen back...I promise I won't ask another thing ( for a while!)
Dietz

.... you are on AAA UI now ( i hope :wink: ) so place your old file into :

\MODS\SplashScreen\GUI\

cheers
Z

fly_zo Wrote:
jamesdietz Wrote:Fly-Zu,,,you are so right ...but it was with the best of intentions..oh well I needed a fresh install to get rid of extra stuff...However...with everything working I now have the old title screen of a Thunderbolt...how did that happen? How can I get my favorite 109 & Spitfire screen back...I promise I won't ask another thing ( for a while!)
Dietz

\MODS\SplashScreen\GUI\

cheers
Z

Hmmm- I have to admit I'm not sure wat you mean by "U1"= I just checked & saw I have no
" Splash "Screen Folder( if that means anything...) I had this old title screen up once before & somehow solved it, obviously with another download over the top of it , but not sure which ..( perhaps reload the 3 part AAA communuty Install again or the newest AC installer???) I do like the newest screen but can live with the old one if need be. I'm gun-shy of making a new folder because making a "Basic" folder & puting a lot into it may have been the reason I got into this map problem in the first place.
The good news is that with fresh install,everything works including the Hs-129 which has had a glitch, that defied solution until now:
[Image: hS1292.jpg]
That's good news-it works as advertised!
Quite frankly the trouble is all worth it-as mentioned elsewhere these Mods simply are the greatest! :lol:
p.s. Yes I'm already saving everything before adding more & have saved basic 1946 elsewhere.....

May I ask one more thing? With fresh install I seem to have several "3do's And GUI's in different folders...should I cosolidate them in one place or just ignore them?

Ok - re-checking...I now do seem to have a Splash screen folder & within it is a background image & a terxt (?) file titled background0_ru.mat....what this means,I'm not sure but probably that neither is the newer Messerschmitt screen.... Cry

fly_zo Wrote:
Dietz

\MODS\SplashScreen\GUI\

cheers
Z
That worked ! Now I wonder if its possible to customize this screen like I have the others??? See Below...

[Image: screen2.jpg]
[Image: screen1.jpg]

well, replace background.tga with your custom one .... like with missions/campaigns backgrounds

Z