FMB - Rotation and Translation in 3D

Is it possible in the FMB+ or unlocked FMB to ad an object in a 3D rotated position.
As a typical example a half capsized ship lying on his side or in the sea.
Is it possible to turn the object around its three axis of rotation and the three axis of translation. This would allow to have objects half buried in the ground or positioned atop other objects.
This is possible for smoke and light objects but can this been done with other objects.

Gold

I'm not aware of such a feature, and I've spent quite a lot of time on FMB and FMB+... :roll:

However, if someone actually knows that it's possible and willing to share that knowledge, then I'll be eternally grateful.. :wink:

You can rotate ships on all 3 axes but as soon as you go into playmode they're reset to upright.

You mean something like this???

[Image: SinkingShip.jpg]

This is done by -HH- Beebop so he deserves the credits for it. It is on an old thread (April 2005) at the official IL2 site. I don't think I can link to it but here is the way he did it:

From the conf.ini file;

[MouseXYZ]
F1=SpeedSlow
F2=SpeedNormal
F3=SpeedFast
MouseRight=XYmove
F4 MouseRight=Zmove
MouseMiddle=Amove
F5 MouseRight=Amove
F6 MouseRight=Tmove
F7 MouseRight=Kmove

F5+Right Mouse = continous movement on the horizontal plane. (i.e. like numpad but not 'indexed')

F6+Right Mouse = Movement on long axis. (i.e. dip bow or stern.)

F7+Right Mouse = Movement on short axis. (i.e. tip left/right).

Remember to enter 3D mode, (left click map when close enough to see terrain and then hit 'Enter'), first.

But the rotation on that axis goes away when you play the mission as somebody else stated afterwards.

Yes, exactly like that....

Now make it "stick" :wink:

Indeed a nice problem, I think it is linked to the independence of the response to fire from the ships, I did some tests to see if the game back on its attitude and is always the same question, namely that the first ship nell'fmb I had made with a rotation of 30

[quote="stefano"]Indeed a nice problem, I think it is linked to the independence of the response to fire from the ships, I did some tests to see if the game back on its attitude and is always the same question, namely that the first ship nell'fmb I had made with a rotation of 30

Well, apparantly he tried and failed... just like the rest of us... :wink: