Coast Alignment tool

farang65 Wrote:Thanks for the info about the .raw file. No I had not deleted it so will save it in a safe place. One thing I noticed that I could not sail a destroyer very close to shore around an island so the map h seems to recognize the coast and shallow water areas which I have not done as yet. I can see a thin transparent large in size area from shore to sea, where the coast should be.

CHEERS KIRBY

CHIANG MAI

Hi Kirby,

Being able to sail ships has nothing to do with the map_c or map_h files, it purely defined by what tile you have defined for the area in the map_t file. Use tile type "water" (value 28 to 31) to define "sailable" areas.

Hope this helps...

BTW, lets get back on track, this thread is about the CoastAlign beta tool. Bug reports please, I'd like to put it out in firm revision this weekend.

Back on Track,

This program I feel is one of the most simplified and user friendly map tools available.
Simple instructions for the average user.
Some of the other map tools are pretty complex.

CHEERS

KIRBY

CHIANG MAI

This is really good......
My OJ map has literally thousands of islands and a huge amount of coastline...and this seems to have worked a treat....(just a few places where one can see 'under the carpet' left over) :wink:

the Thai map went OK too

I noticed that the progress bar stuck at about one third of the way from left to right...then suddenly completed with the Thai map....and about a quarter of the way across with the OJ map.... is this normal?

Would a second run through do anything to clear the remaining areas or is it not adviseable?

Great work!

fabianfred Wrote:This is really good......
My OJ map has literally thousands of islands and a huge amount of coastline...and this seems to have worked a treat....(just a few places where one can see 'under the carpet' left over) :wink:

the Thai map went OK too

I noticed that the progress bar stuck at about one third of the way from left to right...then suddenly completed with the Thai map....and about a quarter of the way across with the OJ map.... is this normal?

Would a second run through do anything to clear the remaining areas or is it not adviseable?

Great work!

Thnx fabianfred.

The sticking progress bar (as well as the application window sticking on the desktop) I suspect has something to do with my thread priority settings, I'll be diving into that. My Map_C Toolbox has the same (ehem) "feature". No worries though, as you noticed the application isn't stuck, it still finishes, it's just not visible on the screen. This "feature" usually appears if you move your mouse over the application window or drag another window on top of it.

You can make as many runs as you like but it still won't catch those pesky leftover suspended coastlines, the reason they show up is due to the IL2 3D rendering engine averaging of coasts. CoastAlign does no averaging (since I don't know the algorithm used), only exact values are used.

Hope this helps ...

That's great, one of the most boring tasks (checking coast lines) has been eliminated!

With this and autopop, there is really an improvement for making large maps.

Maraz

6S.Maraz Wrote:That's great, one of the most boring tasks (checking coast lines) has been eliminated!

With this and autopop, there is really an improvement for making large maps.

Maraz

Thnx Maraz Big Grin

Have you had a chance to try it out yet? Did it help you?