Problem with Skinmod and new Maps

Ok, I have spent stupid amount of time making my own skinmod and changing the default skins. Now I have gotten back into making my campaigns and I notice this issue:

Arrow When I put static planes on new Pacific Maps like The Slot, Philippines, HB_PacificIslands/Atolls ... The static planes are in Europe colors. :!:

The problem is that the game thinks that the Slot is a European map.

How do I change this? Can I just edit something inside the map folder in the mapmod folder, or does this need to be changed by the map makers?

It would be nice to have pacific maps labeled as such so I don't have DDay invasion stripes on my static planes in the Solomon Islands ...

Can anyone either point me where I can edit this myself or help me get the ball rolling in correcting this?

I believe that this is fixed in the 1.2 Slot map version. I just looked at my Cactus Cobras campaign (shameless plug) and the C-47s show no invasion stripes as they did in earlier versions. If I remember correctly, earlier versions were set to the wrong month or season.

Thanks Vonterfliegen, but there are other maps that are the same way.

I will try installing the new slot version, but that does not help me out on other maps.

Does anyone know how or where to change this?

it's in the load.ini. there is a line that says CAMOUFLAGE=SUMMER

Change this to CAMOUFLAGE=DESERT
this will work for any map.

Jaypack44 Wrote:it's in the load.ini. there is a line that says CAMOUFLAGE=SUMMER

exactly !

in Oleg's world :

3 options for camuflage

Summer = ETO /EF
Desert = PTO
Winter = thank god this is just winter

cool thing is that you can change desert maps from summer to desert and place in desert folders African skins for planes which didn't take actions in PTO

regards
Z

Jaypack44 Wrote:it's in the load.ini. there is a line that says CAMOUFLAGE=SUMMER

Thank you sir! That is EXACTLY what I needed.

@ fly_zo

Is there a way to make new cammo schemes? It would be really nice to have desert skins for luftwaffe on desert maps.

What I am thinking is add one more cammo scheme, and change one existing one so that:

Summer = ETO
Desert = MTO
Pacific = PTO
Winter = Winter

If we added one more and changed the current desert to Pacific, this would give us alot more options for default skins for all countries in all theaters. Then you can have us planes in PTO, ETO, MTO and winter skins. Same with Luftwaffe.

It would also be nice to make it so that instead of just (Multi1) folder, we can have a default skin folder for each plane, for each country. That way we can have default skins for each country (Romania, Hungry, Finland, Germany ...) for each plane, say Bf-109.

But then again, I have no idea as to the game limitations ...

.... as far as i've looked into this its not so simple cos you have planes / vehicles/ maps all and each tied with present settings . It seams to go deep into game engine ( i hope that i'm wrong here).

But you can have German desert schemes applied for desert maps .... i've explained it in upper post

Z