The Slot ver. 1.3 released

[Image: welcome_small.jpg]

Now that the MOD Dedicated Server has been released, online testing has allowed us to identify several required changes, which you can obtain here:

viewtopic.php?t=4854

Update release notes:

Version 1.3 11/30/2008
-text change Tenekau location
-height around the russells, santa isabel, segi, and elsewhere
-russell SPB spawn bug on 01-44, 10-43, 07-43
-added Ondonga SPB 01-44, 10-43

Version 1.2 08/06/2008
-Changed Month in Load.ini files so we dont have snow in the Pacific.
-corrected Load.ini path to show correct "corpa.tga" file

Version 1.1 07/31/2008
-Update Actor Statics for AI

Version 1.0
-Public Release

Many thanks to Fly_zo for the self installer - many thanks m8 8)

Thanks for the heads up and good work!

S` Slot team

Thx for all your efforts, I've been enjoying the Slot versions 1.0, 1.1 & 1.2 along with my squad m8's.

Using the auto installer I've since installed vers 1.3
Initially after this install, the game loaded fully but when I tried to load the Slot 44 up in FMB some text flashed on/off screen so quickly that if you blinked you missed it (some kind of error dialog box?).
Anyway thats all it did which then left me on the FMB blank blue screen.

OK, I then checked the All.ini & all the text files appeared fine ... ?

Hmmm ...

I tried re-installing vers 1.3 then restarted the game & CTD at 60%.

Where'd I go wrong & how can I fix this please?

Thx for the help ... Cheers Smile

Sikshoota

To my knowledge, there is nothing in The Slot upgrade that would cause a CTD. As for the map not loading properly, by now you should know how to disable a new mod to isolate problems, and back-up the MODS folder just in case you do. So, if that's true, troubleshooting should be a breeze...if you did not back-up you should, always, from now on! If you don't know how to disable a mod, all you have to do is put a "-" in front of the mod you suspect is causing the problem.

As for the map not loading correctly in FMB, whenever you have a problem with a map loading, and you are left with blue FMB screen, shift tab to bring up the FMB Console. If there is a problem with missing textures or the load.ini file then you can read the errors at the bottom of the console entries. Write them down and let us know what you find.

There is only one custom texture used on The Slot Maps, in directory: MODS\MAPMODS\Maps\_Tex\Slot

It is called "copra.tga"

Please check to make sure you have it. If you don't it is in the full install download link i provided.

Get back to us and let us know if you still need help.

Thx for the response Cheech.
I'm not sure what the problem was in the end nor the remedy, however alls good again now & Slot vers 1.3 is running fine.

Cheers Smile

Sikshoota

Yep, remember to backup before modding up ... & to mod up your backup too!