A general question (probably stupid to)?

Do all map mods get installed into the MODS folder in the game?

See, I told you that my question wasn't very smart, but I had to ask. That's where I have been installing them to, but sometime I am just not sure if they "took" or not.

I appreciate the help. I blame my ignorance on my age (66), but it may go beyond that. Thanks again.

not a stupid question ..... just posted in wrong section

moved

Z
p.s. yes all map mods goes to Mods folder.... or more precise : MODS\MAPMODS\MAPS\

Thank you. Sorry for putting it in the wrong place.

And I appreciate your comment about my age. Makes me feel a little better.

I think it's a good thing to have some 'older' people around, it makes this whole thing seem a lot more universal Smile

I do qualify for that "distinction". My problem here is that, oftentimes, what I have to ask is kind of not very smart and therefore a little embarrassing, so I just hate to ask. Here, I had to swallow my pride and ask anyway. I appreciate you guy's patience.

Thanks.

Bob Holmes Wrote:I do qualify for that "distinction". My problem here is that, oftentimes, what I have to ask is kind of not very smart and therefore a little embarrassing, so I just hate to ask. Here, I had to swallow my pride and ask anyway. I appreciate you guy's patience.

Thanks.

nah, we all had our share of such questions ... so fire away freely Big Grin

you can PM at any time with those too .... if that makes it easier

Z

OK, I thank you for the help, but.....I have one more question.

In my game's main folder, I have a MODS folder. Therein, is a map mods folder, and in it, maps. When I extract files from a zip file of a map mod, then, do I go all the way into the mods/map mods/maps folder to extract them, or just into the main folder, Mods? And, in my ignorance, is it necessary to unzip the files into a temporary folder first and then copy them manually or something, or can I just unzip them into their folder directly from my desktop (where I download all my stuff)? I'm sorry for the confusion on my part, but as I told you before, I just ain't that bright.

Thanks again.

Bob Holmes Wrote:OK, I thank you for the help, but.....I have one more question.

In my game's main folder, I have a MODS folder. Therein, is a map mods folder, and in it, maps. When I extract files from a zip file of a map mod, then, do I go all the way into the mods/map mods/maps folder to extract them, or just into the main folder, Mods? And, in my ignorance, is it necessary to unzip the files into a temporary folder first and then copy them manually or something, or can I just unzip them into their folder directly from my desktop (where I download all my stuff)? I'm sorry for the confusion on my part, but as I told you before, I just ain't that bright.

Thanks again.

Ok, i try to keep this simple as much as it can get ....

For all official AAA mods , which comes with installer ( "something".exe) you don't need to worry ... just navigate to your main game folder and run installer ( follow installation instructions which may appear in black dos box during installation process)

Now for all other mods which comes as plain .rar or zip archives ..... always extract to temp folder first , find the readme.txt and follow instructions .

regards
Z