reefs. i learned

Thrud Wrote:we are trying to make our reefs and coral to look like that pic, notice the dark spots. the down side is that when we add the darker colors and spots, repeating patterns may start to show up.

i'll post some screenies as i go. right now i'm doing the teadous part of adding a hi-rez satellite layer to the map_C so i can get the reefs in the right spot and depth. that's what takes so long. once i know what and where to trace, it won't take long to make the reefs.

Hi Thrud,
I dunno if this would work, just a thought I had. What if you have 2 layers in Photoshop, the satellite layer at the bottom and reduce the opacity of the map_C layer so that you can clearly see the layer underneath and once positioned it's just a matter of tracing over the top. When finished you'd take out the satellite layer. As I said dunno whether this would work or maybe you are doing that anyways.

Cheers

Quelty

that method is how we do it. both on the map_t and Map_c.
we use many sources
-google earth
-vitrual earth
-Flash earth

the downside is the reference layer takes some time to build. the up side is that once that is done doing the textures underneath goes quickly.

Thanks again for the info Thrud,

I'll check out those sites you have mentioned.

I do really appreciate the info

Being a one man show with NorthAus/PNG I am sure my project will be finished late next year some time.

I do look forward to Team Pacific's map of PNG.

CHEERS

KIRBY

Chiang Mai