Munich map gone?

I'm just a newbie on mods for IL2, so please be patient.
I have installed the Unified Installer Version 1.0 to a copy of my installation of IL2-1946 4.09b1m.
By the way: great installer and even greater is the "Version Switcher". Just love its simplicity....
Anyways, I'm just starting to explore, so I may be doing something wrong....
When I start the game in 4.09b1+MOD and I'm in FMB, I can load all installed maps, except the one called "Munich". It loads just an empty template with nothing in it.
Is there anything wrong with my game, did I forget to install something, or is it something else?
Can someone please explain?
Thanks in advance
Raf (rdans59)

I have the same thing. In fact I've never been able to open the Munich map at all. I thought it was just one of those things.

I would however say that there are much better maps available here, such as the zip_Alpen and Slovenia maps. Of course never haven seen the Munich map I can't say it is less interesting than these two, but both Alpen en Slovenia are state of the art in map terms. I would bet that your time is better spent installing and using these ... especially since they more or less cover the same area (broadly speaking).

That map "Munich" doesn't exist in the UI package (it exists as a line in maps all.ini but the map files needed for a map to load don't exist) , so no wonder you can't open it...It's pretty strange how that Munich line got into the UI map all.ini because there were no posts on AAA about such a map being worked on :lol:

Hi guys,
thanks for the information. Now I know it's not something I did wrong.
Thanks also for mentioning the 2 other maps.... will have to download and try to install them.
Will be back if something goes bonkers with the install
I'm a newbie, after all.. Big Grin
Raf

You were right!
Don't know how Munich looked like.... but the Alpen and Slovenia are SUPERB!!
Top-notch maps!!

I could be wrong (I often am) but I don't think this "Munich" map even existed to begin with- it's some sort of vestigial left-over from a map that never made it into Il2, but the programmers left the entry behind.

Well! let's not allow the "programmers" to look bad. Quick!!! somebody get going on this Munich map, we gotta deadline to make.