Problems with replacing map textures, love som help!

Hello Eveyone!

First I want to apologize if a thread like this has already been started, I've searched for this problem but haven't found a solution.

I'm currently putting new textures in MODS/fb_maps

This replaces all the default textures, so that if I play an on-line map it will automatically have the better grass/fields/mountains and so on.

Though, there's a couple of textures that won't work, and it's the textures of cities, factories and small towns. when I extracted these textures from the original Il2 files, they were located in fb_maps and so far most textures work when I put new ones in MODS/fb_maps. Except these city and factory textures.

Does anyoner know where Il2 gets these textures from instead of fb_maps folder?

the textures that won't work are for example: "bigcountry.tga" "centercity.tga" "countries.tga"

Please let meknow if you 've had this problem before. What I'm looking for is a way to replace the default textures without making a load.ini file and a "new map" hope I explained that right hehe..

I'll upload some screens of what I'm looking for if that would help.

Thanks!

Flushy

I think the correct path is:
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MAPMODS\maps\_Tex\land\summer\bigcountry.tga where 'MAPMODS' can be any string

Hey VPMedia!

Nope doesn't work unfortunately, I've tried all kinds of paths to get the maps to find those textures, I've checked if theyre 8bit or indexed, if they have alpha or not, all textures work except villages, cities, and factories, it's straaange. Sad

FlushMeister Wrote:Hello Eveyone!

First I want to apologize if a thread like this has already been started, I've searched for this problem but haven't found a solution.

I'm currently putting new textures in MODS/fb_maps

This replaces all the default textures, so that if I play an on-line map it will automatically have the better grass/fields/mountains and so on.

Though, there's a couple of textures that won't work, and it's the textures of cities, factories and small towns. when I extracted these textures from the original Il2 files, they were located in fb_maps and so far most textures work when I put new ones in MODS/fb_maps. Except these city and factory textures.

Does anyoner know where Il2 gets these textures from instead of fb_maps folder?

the textures that won't work are for example: "bigcountry.tga" "centercity.tga" "countries.tga"

Please let meknow if you 've had this problem before. What I'm looking for is a way to replace the default textures without making a load.ini file and a "new map" hope I explained that right hehe..

I'll upload some screens of what I'm looking for if that would help.

Thanks!

Flushy

I don't want to sound like a smart ass, but have you tried searching your folder structure for these files to determine where everything is installed? start by searching for known tga's which ARE showing up ingame and then searching the ENTIRE IL2 folder structure for the ones that AREN'T showing up ingame. dev's make mistakes too and some times they get the wrong structure in the zip/exe. If the missing tga(s) turns up in a folder different than the others just move 'em to where they belong. Remember this, you can not actually "break" anything in a computer with some hand tools. If you really screw things up restore to a previous date. You have made a restore point I hope. I have nearly one dozen instances of IL2-46 on my computer from 4.05 thru 2 fully modded 4.09b1m, u can always make a copy 1st and then play around in the copy and if you screw it up, so what? It's a copy! trash it if you want!

Meiser, what does it mean that those modified textures don't work? Does it mean that the map on which you test them refuses to load? Or does it mean that the map opens in game but the old unmodified textures show up?
Also I checked with "bigcountry" textures, there are two files bigcountry.tga and bigcountry.tgb, the game uses actually the tgb one, so my question: your modified files which you placed in the mods folder are the same, both the tga and the tgb?

Thanks for the replies!

Lowfighter, thanks a lot, it was the tgb files I forgot to replace, didn't know they were textures Smile

It all works super now Smile thanks

Can we see them maybe Big Grin