Corrupted .tga file?

Since experimenting with retexturing maps, one of my stock Il-2 textures has begun to behave oddly. In one of the Romanian lowland textures, the image of a yellow cropfield has been replaced with a shiny black void!

Not sure what this is or what caused it or what can be done. Any suggestions??

The black, shiny void follows a regular pattern throughout my map and shines through forest textures. It recurs many, many times.

Image below:

[Image: problem01.jpg]

thats really bugging me, lol. Sometimes tga's get that way just make sure there is a tgb extinsion of it. Cheers!

If you can explain what you're suggesting a little more, I would be very grateful. I'm not experienced enough with this stuff to follow your comment.

Cheers!

That's actually part of the texture. It's supposed to be small ponds/lakes.

Try using the equivalent Slovakian textures.

Hm, I don't see in my game such strange things for the texture in the screenshot. I think this is rom_fields_lowland2 texture right?

I remember there were reports long ago of this on ubi forums (or maybe on SimHQ?), and vaguely that it was a bug which showed up for some PC configurations or il2 settings and that they would correct it in the final version...
Check out the screenshot for rom_fields_lowland2 in vpmedia texture library, it doesn't show such things too.

this isnt cool, I'm using these textures a lot but didnt see such anomaly

what is this, directx mode?

are you using the newest graphics.dll?

Yes, DirectX, but without the newest dll's.

Not a pond or lake. It's square and 95% covers the yellow cornfield in the tex.

Not sure what would happen if I got a replacement from someone else for the texture and just stuck in my map mods in the appropriate folder. Maybe it would overwrite the problem.

Yes, it's Romanian lowland, either 2 or 3. I would have to double-check. Unfortunately, the Slovakian texture is too "grey" to work with the other tiles I have.

I messed around with my hardware setup and flipped out of DirectX. The bug goes away, but the video quality is so bad and so blurry that it's not worth the trouble.

Im going through the forums within AAA, trying to fix this myself..

I have in the last few days gone over to unified installer 1.1 and got it to my liking but the maps have these ' Blotches' on them. Is there a fix please. Or am I doing something wrong ? These patches seem to come and go, on the maps . Oh why Im about it, any idea why the white and pink blocks appear on the maps now ??? Are they way point markers ???

Any help please ...... I will stress I haven't altered the mapmods file at all Sad

The best suggestion I have had is that the issue with the blotches is linked to certain video cards and drivers and the textures on the Bessarabia map. I have had suggestions to change my driver, but haven't yet taken that drastic step.

I also mean to call the helpline I saw mentioned on the 1946 readme.

In the meantime, I have been working on my own map stuff which uses Compans textures and so the continuing problem with the blotches has faded into the background for a while.

Thanks for the quick comeback m8t. What seems odd to me is I didn't have this problem before U1.1 and its not only on the map you mentioned.

My system ran like a dream and as smooth as silk, I've never had a problem with any mods before. But these patches spoil things for me. I run with open GL and everything maxed out. I thought I might of had a config problem ....

U1.1 seems to have a few bugs here and there, so who knows they might sort them out ????? :?

Lanius Wrote:Thanks for the quick comeback m8t. What seems odd to me is I didn't have this problem before U1.1 and its not only on the map you mentioned.

My system ran like a dream and as smooth as silk, I've never had a problem with any mods before. But these patches spoil things for me. I run with open GL and everything maxed out. I thought I might of had a config problem ....

U1.1 seems to have a few bugs here and there, so who knows they might sort them out ????? :?

I have holes in the Slovakia textures on a map that I'm building, and I don't have UI 1.1, so that's not the cause.

:cheers: