Objects below sea level - is it possible?

G'day gents
I've been playing quite heavily with the FMB objects, clonig them, etc.
I've been trying to make an object that will pass as a 'dry dock' for ships in port.
It wouild be able to be placed at sea level, with an 'open' piece which could hold a ship which would look like it is in for repairs, or such.
Its possible to place objects above land, is it possible to place an object which will sit partially below sea level?
Without the sea showing through? :?: :?:

I don't understand well your last sentence Bigboss.
All you can do easily is to set a negative number in addheightlive, for example
AddHeightLive -1.0 which will make the object sink in the earth or sea by 1 meter...
BTW, it would be nice to have you doing some map work, I still remember your ground setup in the missions you sent me long time ago, a very creative way of doing things...

hi lowfighter, long time, no speak....i've been crazily playing with all the new objects, and my map has taken a back seat for now, but it is still in the works - i'll probably be knocking on your door for some advice in the not too distant future... :wink:
Maybe this pic will help...
[Image: USS-Constitution-Dry-Docks.jpg]
what I mean is, if I take an object like this and placde it, will it look as if there is no sea in it, or will the surface of the sea show through the open bit?
I think it will, and am trying to find out if there's a way around it...

I see what you want to do now bigbossmalone, that dry-dock looks great BTW.

I think there is a way but it's hairy. First you have to build your custom dry-dock with a width/length in 400m multiples (i.e. smallest dims are 400 x 400m, 400 not 200 to take care of slanting edges), including surrounding land area. Raise your map_h file up according to the height of your object (careful, the scale is not linear). Drop the map_h to zero level where you want the object and plunk it in there with the FMB, it should "snap" right in - should work.

Problem is if you simply lowered the object as mentioned it would be flooded/filled with earth.