How do I use the Snap option in FMB Full?

Hi folks
As the title says....
I'm currently populating the Lybia map with a complete telephone system... :roll: , so if I can get the Snap tool to work as it supposedly does, that would be really great... 8)
I've played with it, but without result. Do I need to assign a Hotkey to make it work?
Any assistance, as always, would be much appreciated... Big Grin

Go here:

(The link is inoperative)

Have a nice FMB!!!

walter

Thanks walter...
I followed that tutorial step by step, the directions couldn't be any easier....but still nothing happens.
I have snap selected(checked), 10 m intervals, i place one object, then place the next and move it until it should snap into place =, but it doesn't.
Should I be pressing/holding Shift or Alt while moving the object? I've tried all combinations i can think of, but still no go...
i'm really not all that keen on placing the next 55 000 telephone poles by hand... :roll:

Try to read all the thread of my link , I remember (I hope remember well) that somewhere is reported a conflict between the FMB and a mod , you can try to verify if this can be your trouble!

Sorry!

walter

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

Note that when using the "snap" functions objects do not snap to each other, the anchor points snap to a grid that you define with the "Step" value. Try placing an object with snap enabled and drag it around a bit, you should see the object jumping from location to location and not smoothly moving with your cursor.

Hope this helps....

This is really strange.....
walter, I looked in that thread, and saw that there is supposedly a conflict with the low cloud height mod. That was probably the very first mod I had installed - i've tried to install it on every new version of the game, and i've never got the cloud height mod to work. It consists of about 20+- of those A3DF29CDED0....type files, they were all in my files folder. removed them and tried the FMB...still no go. Snap enabled, 10m intervals, drag the object, and nothing snaps to anywhere...
I'm getting a little despondent with all these FMB issues. It doesn't look like my map is going to get off the ground, as there are several tools that are available, but I can't seem to get them to work.
Taking the low cloud mod, when I installed it initially, I put it in the mods folder, and no result, nothing changed. I then put the files in the 'files' folder, and it worked, at least you could enter that you wantewd the clouds at 100m, but in game the clouds would just be at the regular 500m level.
I digress, but this is one of those things that have bothered me since the beginining of the mods. There are one or two mods available which are supposed to work in the 'mods' folder, but they don't!!
They do, however, work in the 'files' folder. I just don't like installing things contrary to instructions, but if it doesn't work as per instructions, I feel I have little choice but to try my own options...
Mods which have had this issue with EVERY new install (5 so far with mods!!)have been low cloud height, QMB+, and some others...
OK, rant over, I'll be placing telephone poles manually for the next week or so, :wink: ...see you guys later...thanks for attempting to help... 8)