Water

When creating custom terrain (custom maps) eg. Test map. the water is black not its normal colour. can anyone tell me why this is and how to fix it, if there is a way.

Help would be much appreciated

THanks

Does this only happen when making custom maps? I had a similar problem before, I believe it was Jamesdietz who came up with the solution. Try running il2setup.exe (in the il2 main folder), Under the Video tab check "Multitexture" and "Combine".

i already have that ticked

Post the contents of your load.ini file, and tell me if you have associated an RGB value of 28 to all water on your map_T.tga.

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC

Have you actually edited map_c to create areas of land and water? Using the 'water' tile on land creates black areas.

The black areas will always appear if the area is designated as land on map_c but does not have a land texture allocated on map_T. Because of the difference in pixel scale between map_c and Map_T it is quite common to have some parts of the coast which do not line up quite right on the first attempt.

For a quick fix, working in FMB Map Editor mode go to Objects/Tile/Lowland0 and as you apply the texture you will see the area colouring in.