Coral reefs

I,ve been messing around with coral reefs for a few days and am trying to get different shades so we can add the dark patches on reefs as well as the lighter ones, is any body else working on
a similar project?

results so far using just stock textures and gimp

[Image: coral.jpg]

Hi Ziggy_22,

Looking good, so far. One of the first things that attracted me to Pacific maps were the beautiful shore sections with crystal clear turquoise water and nice beaches. Plain joy to fly over those. If we could get some coral reefs on top of that, so much the better! Perhaps, when Canon is done with the cows and other livestock for the Channel map, he could get to work on some tropical fish and sharks to put in the coral reefs? Perhaps, a variation of the submerged submarines in the ships-section of the FMB could be converted into whales? Then, of course, we would need Jacques Cousteau's Catalina, to fly over this new marine secnery.

Anyway, I am beginning to slide off topic here.

Good work so far,

RB

Thrud and Skunkmeister spent a great deal of time experimenting with reefs on The Slot and NGNB maps. There are limits on what can be done with color variation in a selected reef texture, as a noticeably repeating pattern is the typical result of trying to simulate coral heads, bottom coloration, etc. Recommend you review the screenshots in the Team Pacific NGNB thread, and then go from there.

You might want to look in here: viewtopic.php?t=13422
It'll give you some idea of what I was able to achieve for my current project.

:cheers: