Newby Questions

Hi. Forgive me if this is the wrong forum...

Total noob here. I have IL2FB and Pacific Fighters. I'm mostly interested in playing PF right now but it's looking a bit tired imo.

Are the mods on this board applicable to PF? Mostly i'm interested in improved scenery & scenery textures. The water is passable down low but looks horrid above 1000m or so. The clouds look like cotton balls. The ground detail is also quite weak.

I can't tell, but it looks like most of the mods on this forum are for 1946?

Any help would be much appreciated!

*edit* Oh, one more thing. I've got wwiiol & other games for multi-player. I'm mostly interested in flying IJN DCG... Thanks!

Hey Antiacus

Yes I think it is the wrong forum but here's some info on your question for you anyway

Yes the Mods are for IL2 1946 only, patched to 4.08 version.
then just install the UI 1.1 and the UI patch and your ready to roll

It is well worth getting IL2 46 IMHO,
you will have the Pacific content you like as well as much much more,
with AAA Mods that add new maps and aircraft,sounds and effects and so much more with new cockpits ete ete

The new Pacific maps alone I think you would enjoy enough to be glad to have traded up to IL2 1946 with AAA Mods

It is truly an unbelievable experience that must be seen and heard to appreciate

EasyRider Wrote:Hey Antiacus

Yes I think it is the wrong forum but here's some info on your question for you anyway

Yes the Mods are for IL2 1946 only, patched to 4.08 version.
then just install the UI 1.1 and the UI patch and your ready to roll

It is well worth getting IL2 46 IMHO,
you will have the Pacific content you like as well as much much more,
with AAA Mods that add new maps and aircraft,sounds and effects and so much more with new cockpits ete ete

The new Pacific maps alone I think you would enjoy enough to be glad to have traded up to IL2 1946 with AAA Mods

It is truly an unbelievable experience that must be seen and heard to appreciate

Thanks. I will get 46 once i've run through a few stock campaigns in Pacific Fighters.

*edit* So does 46 replace Forgotten Battles or is there content on FB not on 46. Thanks!

Your welcome Antiacus

1L2 1946 has everything ,all content from previous versions so you could say it replaces everything or combines everything onto one DVD which is really nice.

EasyRider Wrote:Your welcome Antiacus

1L2 1946 has everything ,all content from previous versions so you could say it replaces everything or combines everything onto one DVD which is really nice.

Sweet. Downloading from Steam now Smile $9.99

I'm also pretty stoked about the Korea map being worked on. Every now and then i fire up Mig Alley until i get too frustrated...

Antiacus Wrote:
EasyRider Wrote:Your welcome Antiacus

Sweet. Downloading from Steam now Smile $9.99

I'm also pretty stoked about the Korea map being worked on. Every now and then i fire up Mig Alley until i get too frustrated...

There things to be aware of from a downloaded 46 from steam,I have heard of steam downloaded 46's with online issues,I recommend buying the actual DVD from somewhere IMHO

The KTO Beta Map has just been released

you may need this for a downloaded version of Il2 1946, as far as I know it will enable mods etc. to work on that version - which is slightly different from the dvd version.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm really happy to discover that all the Pacific Fighters campaigns are also on 1946!

I think i saw a used copy of 1946 in a game store just down the block. LOL. I downloaded Pacific fighters from d2d day before yesterday, 1946 today, and i'll buy the dvd version tomorrow. Oh well, i'm still under $30 total for an incredible gaming experience. I can drop $30 bucks at a movie easily.

I really appreciate the help fellas, i'm stoked to get into this.

Antiacus Wrote:Thanks for the replies.

I'm really happy to discover that all the Pacific Fighters campaigns are also on 1946!

I think i saw a used copy of 1946 in a game store just down the block. LOL. I downloaded Pacific fighters from d2d day before yesterday, 1946 today, and i'll buy the dvd version tomorrow. Oh well, i'm still under $30 total for an incredible gaming experience. I can drop $30 bucks at a movie easily.

I really appreciate the help fellas, i'm stoked to get into this.

Your welcome Antiacus
It is a lot of fun for $30 Bucks,especially with AAA Mods installed :wink:

Welcome to AAA

I'm back.

I got 1946 dvd version and i'm downloading the 4.08 patch.

I'm assuming the next thing to do is download the unified mod installer.

Any suggestions on where to start? I know i want to try out the KTO but i'm interested in flying the Japanese Navy bomber campaigns first.