KTO Beta - Bug report and feedback to mapmakers

Please, there is people opening threads about the same thing and its getting messy to follow. Many opening new threads asking about loading problems and things like that; better if you keep it in one topic, isn

Thanks for starting this thread...

Remember Folks this is a Beta Copy, However feel free to start building missions as major things will not change.

Also the FMB save issues have been solved. There are solutions out there, Including making sure your 3do file is IN your Mapobjects folder with UI1.1.1, so please don't post this problem anymore, just take a look around the forums and you will find a more detailed solution.

Chim, we know about the following issues, here is what is beign done...

1. there is a new map file being made to fix the pilot maps, we have one good pilot map and can used it to replace the old starter pilot map that doesn't have rivers and such.

2. We have a tool called coastline adjustment or something to that fasion and plan to use it to shore up the coast lines better. This is a common issue in map making.

3. Yes there are a few mountains that are too sharp, however, I have some photos of Korean mointaisn peeks that looked insanely steep and jagged. We will be going back to find these rogue peeks and smooth them out!

CHeers, and sorry the map wont run well on your old system. I am running it on a intermediately fast laptop in perfect mode and don't have any issues. Does lowering the game settings help?

Also,

Please Remember!!!

That the Bumpification Mod is ONLY a suggestion. I have run this map with and without this mod. All this mod does is change stock textures and bumpification.

I actually Suggest this Mod for Summer KTO play, HOWEVER, suggest you remove such when playing on the Winter KTO Map.

Yes Dixie, when graphic settings go lower the performance improves; its just that I wanted to enjoy this beauty at its best and refused to go lower than perfect settings Big Grin

Ok, i see that you already knew about these minor things like the coastline color when the water meets the mainland, and the one regarding the inflight map; so i brought nothing new to you guys and it's very nice to know you have fixes for them.

We will keep you informed here.

And again, brilliant job!

S!

The J-36 Airbase Taxi Waypoints seem to be messed up, Adds such to the list of fixes.

Please let us know what you find, it makes our job easier!

Kosong is in the wrong place, and is in the place of Uisong.

the race track has a lot of flickering around the perimiter and the ends of roads etc are angled and flicker quite a bit even down low, but i was able to land my u-2 on it without exploding. beautiful map, maybe i can find wifes house on pusan harbor??

Textures look beautiful. This is the best thing to happen to IL2 since carriers. Having been to Korea on 'military business' 25 yrs ago, I'm glad to finally be learning more about the place and history. Thanks for your great work.

PS, I made a small mission with clear weather on the summer map, and using LandGeom=3, it runs with no problems at all zipping around in the Panther at 4000ft, and I only have 2GB RAM, vid is 8800GTS640.

One small problem in FMB : I get a message saying 'landscape loading' or something similar, and it takes ages to load. Last attempt lasted about ten minutes so I gave up and closed FMB. No error messages, no freezes and no lock ups though, it's just that the map takes a very long time to load.

Is this normal ?

Cheers

Nico

I've run into that before when crossing over from U1.1 to another Modpack - for me it came down to missing objects, ie: there were objects on the map that weren't in my version of the game. Dixiecapt listed the objects on the KTO Download thread...I don't remember which page though.

Check there first.