A little help on modifying a map

Hello

Two questions:

1) When I am creating a mission, I select a starting point from a runway near to other and the icon goes to the other runway. That happend when the airport has two parallel runways. How can I avoid this behavior?

2) I am trying to modify a map to have my own default map. But when I try to save it the editor says "The system cannot locate the destination directory". Does any body have a Basic Manual for modifying existing maps?

I already download the "all_ini_static.ini" and the "Slot_Version1-1" and put them in the corresponding places.

\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MAPMODS\Maps\_Tex
\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MAPMODS\Maps\Slot
\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MAPMODS\Maps\all.ini

Thank you for your help.

1. some of the dual strips...even on default maps...do not work properly

I made my own version of the Pacific Islands map because of this problem...

The two runways have to be far enough apart to allow for side-by-side use by the largest a/c in the game or it will refuse to jump to one of the icons when seting landing or take-off waypoint

2. If you are using the Full FMB ..and for example working upon a copy of a default map....P38LNorway...which is a copy of the Norway map folder in MODS/MAPMODS/maps
the FMb will load it from there.... but when you save...it goes into il2root/maps/P38LNorway (you must make these folders yourself) and after exiting the game you simply copy the new versions into the folder in MODS/MAPMODS/maps

making sure you have made a new entry for your map in the maps/all.ini called
P38LNorway P38LNorway/load.ini

I am going to try it, thank you very much fabianfred.

I have try it, but I cannot do it.

Do you have a step by step with a simple example how to do it?

which map are you working on?

Hi fabianfred:

The map that I want to modify is SMOLENSK only for my own joy. I just want to put a fence around the airport and some other objects. And using the QMB to load the Smolensk map automatically with all my add-ons like lights, building, vehicles and stationary airplanes.

Thank you.