Map not saving in unlocked FMB

Not FMB+, but the fully unlocked version.

In the instructions it says to create a folder 'maps' in the IL2 folder (default 'Il-2 Sturmovik 1946' I presume; mine's called 'AAA Modded' as I have a seperate map building install), then save the map using 'Save' rather than 'Save As' or 'Save as Spawn'.
Done all that, but after hitting 'Save' there's still nothing in the 'maps' folder.

It's probably something obvious that I'm missing, so any ideas?

:cheers:

dunkelgrun Wrote:Not FMB+, but the fully unlocked version.

In the instructions it says to create a folder 'maps' in the IL2 folder (default 'Il-2 Sturmovik 1946' I presume; mine's called 'AAA Modded' as I have a seperate map building install), then save the map using 'Save' rather than 'Save As' or 'Save as Spawn'.
Done all that, but after hitting 'Save' there's still nothing in the 'maps' folder.

It's probably something obvious that I'm missing, so any ideas?

you need to create folder in "Maps" for your map with same name as one you're loading .... so if you making for example "mrz_Malta" map you must have:

'AAA Modded\Maps\mrz_Malta

hope that helps
Z
p.s. before loading again you need to manually copy newly created files from "save" folder to "load "folder ( back up originals first )

fly_zo Wrote:you need to create folder in "Maps" for your map with same name as one you're loading .... so if you making for example "mrz_Malta" map you must have:

'AAA Modded\Maps\mrz_Malta

hope that helps
Z
p.s. before loading again you need to manually copy newly created files from "save" folder to "load "folder ( back up originals first )

Well, I'd done that too, but just to make sure I deleted the lot and remade the folders. Guess what? It works! I think that it was something as simple as naming it 'Maps' and not 'maps'.

Thanks fly, much appreciated.