Rabaul

Is anybody currently working on a Rabaul / New Britian map ? Maybe an updated New Guinea with Rabaul and Bougainville included ? Just asking...

Cheers

Nico

Team Pacific are working on an New Guinea/New Britian map, thread here;
(The link is inoperative)

Thanks, I knew I'd seen something like that somewhere !

Cheers

Nico

What he failed to tell you is that their team's maps are the wrong scale. Simulation games are supposed to at least make an attempt at simulating Physics. A game that involves an area of the world that is only 3/4 scale of what it's actual size was or is hardly fits any definition of simulating anything that has to do with the Pacific war. What he is talking about is clearly an attempt at a fantasy game.

Henry_Shrapnel Wrote:What he failed to tell you is that their team's maps are the wrong scale. Simulation games are supposed to at least make an attempt at simulating Physics. A game that involves an area of the world that is only 3/4 scale of what it's actual size was or is hardly fits any definition of simulating anything that has to do with the Pacific war. What he is talking about is clearly an attempt at a fantasy game.

Who the hell is "he"?? Seeing as I was the only one to answer, I didn't "fail" to tell anyone anything, all I did was point the OP to the team pacific thread - end of story.

Have a good day

Cheers

Quelty

Henry,
I and many others are eagerly anticipating the release of your proper full scale map. What is the expected release date?

Henry_Shrapnel Wrote:What he failed to tell you is that their team's maps are the wrong scale. Simulation games are supposed to at least make an attempt at simulating Physics. A game that involves an area of the world that is only 3/4 scale of what it's actual size was or is hardly fits any definition of simulating anything that has to do with the Pacific war. What he is talking about is clearly an attempt at a fantasy game.

... game engine wasn't build for such large maps i'm afraid , and lots of users still have hardware issues with 1:1 scaled maps ( Alpen ...) so some compromises are needed in order to please everyone ( which is mission impossible by definition)

but you are welcome to try it with 1:1 .... all tools and tutorials are free and available

reg
Z

We didnt fail to tell him anything. Its in the first fricken post of the NGNB thread.

Its hard to please everyone, judging by your continuous harassing and downplaying of other people's work, who are by the way doing it for FREE.

You aint happy? Too bad. Make your own dang map. Oh how I will laugh so hard when you come back here telling people that your map makes your computer overheat and blow smoke out the fans. Let me put it this way... I CHALLENGE you to make a bigger and better map of the area we are covering. I just want to see just how full of yourself you actually are.

Oh and please, define the wrong scale. I dont see how making a map that reduces an area by 25% defies the laws of physics. It will still take you 1 hour to fly 300km at 300km/h. I dont get your reasoning.

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC