Norway North - Max Map Size + WIP

Using the map data site that kapteeni provided, I was able to stitch together a color map of northern Norway/Finland/USSR.

Quite a work too even if I say so myself since microdem cannot merge the maps together, it has to be done by hand afterwards. What takes 30 minutes with microdem merge, took several hours ...

But no matter. I have a reasonable color map of the area put together - but here

The biggest map i made was: 4096px X 4096px. (ed_m02 etc. , set scale 100px in microdem for 1:1 scale )

Maybe it's possible to make it a little bit bigger before running in to trouble... Again, 4096px X 4096px (map_edm02 ) worked just fine. Big Grin

Hope this helps!

Regards,
DBCooper 8)

I'm sure Kevin p's map making tutorial states

the smallest and largest map you can have.

That info is from memmory, check out the tutorial.

Cheers Kirby

Lamphun

Great stuff m8 i can not wait until is finnish Big Grin 1+++++

redarrows2006 Wrote:Great stuff m8 i can not wait until is finnish Big Grin 1+++++
lol!

This question discussed in some detail by Kevinp and others here:

viewtopic.php?t=19275&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Hi guys!
My Friend from virtualpilots.fi send me a link to Asterdem data:
https://wist.echo.nasa.gov/wist-bin/api ... 728#SCROLL
Yo can find .dem files that can be open with microdem. Finally it works. Registration is PITA though. But i'm currently DL:in Eastern Karelia. Finally !!
I've tested it and it really works.
This is christmas boys!!
And big bow to NASA too!
I though that i post it here too, but i will update my recent satellitedata post too.
I feel bad if mr. Agracier have worked his arse off with 3dem data, but i just got this link :oops:
Edit: Now the link should be working!!

like i said on your other topic:
[quote]Good question...
I make presently a map of the Aleutian 1:1 of 1500x370km, and except a little bug of air spawming, that work.
And if i look on google earth, the size of your map is