Temperature zones

Did any of you find out about the temperature zones? When will a map create snow or rain? Is it possible to have the forest=3 trees to be palms on the desert map?

You can make different versions of a map (summer, winter, etc) by changing the textures in the .ini files.

Checkyersix.

That is not what I mean.

You can set a temperature for your map which determents if it is a summer or winter map, hence creating rain or snow when weather is set to rain. That implies that there must be a temperature range for summer and one for winter maps.

And for the trees, don't you find it annoying to see forest=3 oak trees in the desert?

Zorin Wrote:Did any of you find out about the temperature zones? When will a map create snow or rain? Is it possible to have the forest=3 trees to be palms on the desert map?

i believe this is governed by the =summer / =winter entry...

But there must be some relation between that and a real temperature setting, like 16

Zorin Wrote:Did any of you find out about the temperature zones? When will a map create snow or rain?

That depend on month set for a map, 11-3 are snow months no matter what is temperature setting.

FC

in the map's load.ini file is something about.....

[WORLDPOS]
CAMOUFLAGE = SUMMER
MONTH=7
DECLIN = 50
PRESSURE = 745
TEMPERATURE = 25

maybe these settings are relevant..??

fabianfred Wrote:in the map's load.ini file is something about.....

[WORLDPOS]
CAMOUFLAGE = SUMMER
MONTH=7
DECLIN = 50
PRESSURE = 745
TEMPERATURE = 25

That looks very promising.

Zorin Wrote:
fabianfred Wrote:in the map's load.ini file is something about.....

[WORLDPOS]
CAMOUFLAGE = SUMMER
MONTH=7
DECLIN = 50
PRESSURE = 745
TEMPERATURE = 25

That looks very promising.

Rain/snow depend on month set for a map, 11-3 are snow months no matter what is temperature setting.

FC

If you have temperature set to 1 or above, you get rain and fluid water.
If you set to 0 or below, you get snow, and the game engine automatically assigns a null water animation (black) to rivers etc. So a summer map would need to be at 1 or above to keep it's proper water. The same goes for user made faux winter maps using summer water. Havent found a way of tricking it yet.

Bee Wrote:If you have temperature set to 1 or above, you get rain and fluid water.
If you set to 0 or below, you get snow, and the game engine automatically assigns a null water animation (black) to rivers etc. So a summer map would need to be at 1 or above to keep it's proper water. The same goes for user made faux winter maps using summer water. Havent found a way of tricking it yet.

:lol: Your score for this post is zero.

[WORLDPOS] Section mark
CAMOUFLAGE = SUMMER Set default camo scheme and determine if water on map is liquid or frozen
MONTH=7 Set time period of map and determine rain/snow(winter months=snow)
DECLIN = 50 Geographical declination
PRESSURE = 745 Air pressure in mmHg
TEMPERATURE = 25 Temperature in Celsius

FC

Zero? My good man, I shall appeal to the judges! Smile Smile Smile

Here is what I was talking about. On an otherwise summer map, setting the temperature to 0 or below will give you this:

[Image: -25onasummerday.jpg]

This is on perfect settings too, with everything maxed out. Set temperature to 1 or above and it will all go back to normal. I wan't aware of the rain/snow bit though. Can I at least get a five?... Cry

Bee Wrote:Zero? My good man, I shall appeal to the judges! Smile Smile Smile
Can I at least get a five?... Cry

I'll give you ten :lol:

Still, that doesn't change the fact Big Grin
[Image: th_65851_grab0000_122_49lo.jpg]
[Image: th_65858_grab01_122_925lo.jpg]