everyone's using the new wrapper?

Kapteeni, it is known that in BoB users will have the possibility to create own maps, but if i remember correctly the user will be able to create only smaller maps (I don't know how small though). Well this is old news, and things might change such that no restriction will be impozed on user-made map sizes in BoB. Big Grin

kapteeni Wrote:This a bit OT, but here i go:
God, i hope that in BOB, we`ll have "legal" Map making tools. I would even pay a extra for that. Maybe if they (OLEG+Stuff)see what this community can do, they make bobs sourcecode little bit more transparent. That would make BOB the mother of all the flight sims IMHO

This a bit like MS versus Linux/open source... 1C must be watching us and i sincerely hope that they learn something from people here.

Totally understandable Lowfighter .... but one of rules here at AAA is that all official mods must have installer (and possible uninstaller) so there must be one unique way we publish mods .

It is obvious that all new mods going to be "new wrapper" wise so i see no point for us to make them filelist.txt wise .... who knows will new wrapper versions ( if any) support that old system.

Which system you guys are using is irrelevant here .... new mods must be "new wrapper" wise

after all that was agreed month ago

regards,

Z

In this thread everyone keeps mentioning the "new" wrapper for which one can imagine it to be a new version . Fly_zo, can you please post a link to the current version of the wrapper as I'd like to make a clean start for a copy of IL2 to include those mods I choose and I want to have the current wrapper version which all are discussing in this thread. Thank you.

Deacon352nd Wrote:In this thread everyone keeps mentioning the "new" wrapper for which one can imagine it to be a new version . Fly_zo, can you please post a link to the current version of the wrapper as I'd like to make a clean start for a copy of IL2 to include those mods I choose and I want to have the current wrapper version which all are discussing in this thread. Thank you.

it is not so new anymore but for us "veterans" it will always be "new wrapper"

anyway here is link: (The link is inoperative)

cheers,
Z

Thanks fly_zo. But what is the patcher.exe and is it needed?

Deacon352nd Wrote:Thanks fly_zo. But what is the patcher.exe and is it needed?

to avoid same discussions at different forum sections please ask all your questions regarding basic mod (sound) ...wrapper etc in threads at mods discussion section. IMHO it is better that you get answers from creators themselves .

regards,
Z