Question's about Norway & Czech Extensions

Hello AAA-Map Modders

Since I was involved in the beginning of map building process of the Norway and Bessarabia Maps I always dreamed about new maps featuring the edges of the IL-2 grafic system.
As I know now and of course see here watching and reading about the fantastic developement done by the current map modders I'm thinking about helping and/or doing new maps.

The current Norway Map was a compromise either to have a playable map for RAF & Luftwaffe scenarios featuring attack of convois, marine operations and air battle between the Luftwaffe in Norway and their allied opponents.

But I'm not satisfied with the Norway map at this stage, it could be a much better map regarding the interesting landscape and posible operation's that happend there.

Second interest is a map about "Czech Territory" (Bohemia) which is only partly covered by the Slovakia map.

What you think, is it a good goal to renew the Norway map and develope a map covering Bohemia?

Another question:
Is it possible to have ice shelf on open water? Because here are plenty of interesting missions, where ships laying in fjord covered with ice was searched and attacked by allied fighters Smile

RaFiGer Wrote:Hello AAA-Map Modders

Since I was involved in the beginning of map building process of the Norway and Bessarabia Maps I always dreamed about new maps featuring the edges of the IL-2 grafic system.
As I konow and I of course see here watching and reading about the fantastic developement don by the current map modders I'm thinking about helping and/or doing new maps.

The current Norway Map was a compromise either to have a playable map for RAF & Luftwaffe scenarios featuring attack of convois, marine operations and air battle between the Luftwaffe in Norway and their allied opponents.

But I'm not satisfied with the Norway map at this stage, it could be a much better map regarding the interesting landscape and posible operation's that happend there.

Second interest is a map about "Czech Territory" (Bohemia) which is only partly covered by the Slovakia map.

What you think, is it a good goal to renew the Norway map and develope a map covering Bohemia?

Another question:
Is it possible to have ice shelf on open water? Because here are plenty of interesting missions, where ships laying in fjord covered with ice was searched and attacked by allied fighters Smile

hi, and welcome Big Grin

Any new created map is very welcome here , so please feel free to make map of any area ....whatever you make it will be appreciated

As for Czechoslovakia .... i believe you could even get some help for that one ( 313_Sheddan has been very interested in that area....)

Now for the ice/water issue .... we had no success with it . If you set winter camouflage ( load.ini) for map and month/temperature above 0 C , you get water and ships do sail but game treats it like ice ( no splashing and impossible to land/take off for seaplanes)

And yes, please PM me your mail address so i could send you tools

cheers,
Z
p.s. many thanks for all work you've done for Il2 community through the years Big Grin

RaFiGer Wrote:Hello AAA-Map Modders

As I know now and of course see here watching and reading about the fantastic developement done by the current map modders I'm thinking about helping and/or doing new maps.

Another question:

I'd like partake on map Czech territory when already annihilate other so search documentation andcontemporary photograph in military museum in shoals or placement objects on map

Ehm.. I will not make any map without a team - it's impossible for me now (time, etc.). Now I am witing for Prodigy to make map_h and map_c. When he finish this, I will start placing objects in Bohemia and southern Silesia. Germany/Poland map will begin, I hope, 1 km south of Prague..

ok , so there will be some kind of Czech-map team (i hope)

.... as soon as it gets established (team) i would like members to PM me their mails to get map-tools
( who hasn't got them already )

looking forward to see your work gents Big Grin

cheers,

Z

Gentlemen, THX for support Smile

I will now try to make a propasal based on geografic data for the Norway extension and the czechoslovakian map.

I'll get in contact with prodigy to see where are overlapping areas with his project!

In parallel im will try to do a sample map to get into correct map making again Wink. It will be just a test version for the new textures I've planned to use, especialy for fjords and hopefully some kind of water & ice combination Sad

Hi! Are you planning to do northern part of Norway, I`ve been trying to find data for microDEM, but cant find any, so where are you looking? Im new to mapmaking, but if you want some help, just ask. I can do beta testing and things like that. Big Grin
PS: Look at my Lapland 1944-45 threat. My lapland is not geographically accurate. I try to make terrain look as real as possible. It will be dogfight map with arctic feel.

Hello gentlemen Smile

@archie1971, 313_Sheddan & kapteeni
I'm trying to get SRTM and/or elevation information about Norway from norwegian collegues which could also provide me with detailed information's about airfields, buildings and historical maps & arial pictures ( The covered area will be the southeast - south part of Norway with around 7 airfields the coastal guns and the german & allied operations in this area...

About "Czech Territory, the map will cover this area:
[Image: LOC-Map.jpg]
The SRTM data are available, so the beginning will be hopefully done in a good timeframe. I will not to much overlapping with Prodigy's map. But the goal is to have whole "Czech Territory" with all major airfields.

First of all I will start with a small online map to get all thinks sorted out and to test (hopefully) additional textures & layouts Smile

Sorry, I forget:
ALL HELP & INPUTS ARE VERY APPRICIATED Smile

Regarding water vs ice...

could you not simply make a new texture, "ICE," then make LAND where you want the ice areas to be, and texture them as ICE?

I mean, it only has to LOOK like ice, right?

We know that we can also make new "camoflage" types, so you can duplicate the list for WINTER, and make "NEW WINTER" or something, right?