Different Size Maps

S! All... I'm busy trying to start off my own map, which, once I get the base down, will be posted up as a WIP here;

But my question is this: How do I get the full hawaii map size?

spud Wrote:[Image: the_slot.jpg]

RED is the size of the NG map, you can get New Georgia and the bulk of the slot in with far less land than NG has.

GREEN is the size of the "Early Guadalcanal" map (500x500 km). Obviously the slot fits there, too (BTW, and mission can have the CVs, etc off the map in water, so any map can do the pre-invasion strikes)

BLUE is the size of the Iwo Jima map (800x800). Total land area approaches the current NG map.

YELLOW is the size of Hawaii map. We can fit Rabaul in this, and the land area looks to be slightly larger than current NG.

What I find after I've used the SFS extractor only cover's the islands, but I need the surrounding water area, as my project runs north/south, and is rather long... Any suggestions? Or how can I increase the size of the New Guinea map (seemingly the closest fit, but still too small...)

....or is there a way to make the maps larger?

Just make a map_C file as large as you need (1 pixel = 50m, number of pixels must be muliple of 32).
Then map_T, map_h, map_F must be 1/4 of that size (1 pixel = 200m).

For 2D maps (ingame and FMB maps) start with ed_map02 the same size as map_T and map_H.

Cheers
Maraz

thanks for that Maraz... a couple of quick questions:

1.) how exactly does one make sure the map size is a multiple of 32? Or rather how to make it a multiple of 32?

2.) what exactly is map_F for?

3.) by 2D maps, you refer to the Mini-Map and the 'zoomed' out, tactical map? These 2D maps can be in any style correct?

RAF_Magpie Wrote:thanks for that Maraz... a couple of quick questions:

1.) how exactly does one make sure the map size is a multiple of 32? Or rather how to make it a multiple of 32?

You must divide the number of pixels (both along X and Y) by 32. If there is no remainder, that's OK. If there is a remainder, you must crop those pixels from the map, at the borders.

Quote:2.) what exactly is map_F for?
It's used to show far land (when not in perfect mode)

Quote:3.) by 2D maps, you refer to the Mini-Map and the 'zoomed' out, tactical map? These 2D maps can be in any style correct?

Yes and yes Smile

Hope this helps
Maraz

Cool thnx again Maraz... one other little niggle;

My map_c.tga comes to 11424x11424 (i had to resize it untill it worked with the discect tool) but my map_h.tga is only 2839x2276 - what should I change that too to get it to work?

RAF_Magpie Wrote:Cool thnx again Maraz... one other little niggle;

My map_c.tga comes to 11424x11424 (i had to resize it untill it worked with the discect tool) but my map_h.tga is only 2839x2276 - what should I change that too to get it to work?

map_h must be 1/4 of map_c, so it must be 2856x2856 in your case. Same as map_T.

Maraz

Cheers, thanks Maraz Smile