Very WIP Admiralty Islands... need help

Pleased to introduce my really amateur work, Admiralty Islands, minor theater of Pacific War, invaded by McArthur troops during Feb-April 44, Operation Brewer.

Here is a link : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Admiralty_Islands_campaign

[Image: Admiralty_3.jpg]

[Image: Admiralty_1.jpg]

But I need help... I have two problems :

1/ I can load the map in FMB ( regular, without any changes ) but I can't save a mis file...

I had the same problem before with some new maps ( Sicily&Malta, Sargegna ) until I made a fresh install, which solved the problem for these maps... but now I have it with my new map !

ANY IDEAS :?: :?: :?:

2/ I have a problem with coastlines, maybe a conflict between map_H or map_T and map_c : some parts of the coast are elevated... take a look at these two pictures you'll understand

[Image: grab0003.jpg]

[Image: grab0002.jpg]

I don't know how to solve it, I used Clockwatcher method with some variations : map_c saved with 1 pixel=200m resized x4 with Sinc (Lanczos3) interpolation in Gimp, it gives for my map a better aspect for the coast than 1 pixel=50m in Microdem method ( --> too geometric ! ) + map_T made with my own adaptation of Clockwatcher Terrain texture curves

ANY IDEAS :?: :?: :?:

May I ask to one of the talented Map Makers if I could send him my files for advice :?: :?: :?:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :?:

Problem 1: if you don't have any object in the map, try putting at least one.
Problem 2: no quick solution unfortunately, you must carefully push down the coast, either in the extended-FMB or in your graphic program

Maraz

Try to use Height tool (blur or fill)in exctended FMB or edit map_h. Select rgb 0 or 2 (water level)and draw at least 1pixel wight from seashore so elevation dont start at sea. You can use magicwand and select inverse. Then you draw only land.

6S.Maraz Wrote:Problem 1: if you don't have any object in the map, try putting at least one.
Problem 2: no quick solution unfortunately, you must carefully push down the coast, either in the extended-FMB or in your graphic program

Maraz

Thxs for answers !

Problem 1: I started with empty actors.static (0K) and regular FMB but since, I used unlocked FMB and saved with a single bridge as explained elsewhere... it gives me a new actors.static (1K) but when I go back to regular FMB, it still load but doesn't want to save any mis file

Problem 2: Push down the coast ? For which map.tga should I extend the area, map_c ? map_T ?

Questions :

for 1/ : Please, could I send you my files, so you can check if you can save a mission :roll: :?:

for 2/ : Is there somewhere a complete tutorial to use unlocked FMB, I have only a list of possible commands but how to use objects like tile, labels, texts, height ? Someone did a real tutorial about this ?

kapteeni Wrote:Try to use Height tool (blur or fill)in exctended FMB or edit map_h. Select rgb 0 or 2 (water level)and draw at least 1pixel wight from seashore so elevation dont start at sea. You can use magicwand and select inverse. Then you draw only land.

Thank you, I will try it :wink:

The problem I found with my New Zealand map, most of New Zealands coastline is cliff, or close enough. Naturally, the game doesnt generate this very well, so where I know there are cliffs, I've used the Cliff object, and spent countless hours gently pulling it down to sea level (and only done a small section so far...Sad). You may want to check out your harbour's and bays, and surrounding coasts to make sure you dont have some elusive little 'water hills'...

Added to "The List"

IMHO , and little experience :wink: ....the best way for coast elevations is to make sure it has no blur in map_h.tga .... just make sure coast gets as crisp/sharp as it can in map_h.tga

hope that'll help

Z

RAF_Magpie Wrote:Added to "The List"

Well, thank you... even if I think it is a little bit early to be on the same list as the Slot Team :oops:

I'am really amateur and I make it just for fun, I don't have much time... but I have a boss and ... a wife... :wink:

I will post for further development.

Any link for unlocked FMB tutorial :?:

Need to work on rivers and also to populate some places to bring some life...

Hope to release next week... at least a beta for testing and feedback...

Dauntless flying to Los Negros
[Image: LosNegros.jpg]

Attack on Momote Airfield
[Image: Momote.jpg]

[quote="delvpier
Problem 1: I started with empty actors.static (0K) and regular FMB but since, I used unlocked FMB and saved with a single bridge as explained elsewhere... it gives me a new actors.static (1K) but when I go back to regular FMB, it still load but doesn't want to save any mis file

[/quote]

did you copy the new actors static and other files .....from the il2/MAPS folder to the MODS/MAPMODS/maps folder....?

the FMB's and game READ from the MODS folder...so you must copy the data over for it to see the new data saved into the il2/MAPS folder

No, this problem is solved... but I don't know really how...

I switched with bldconf and conf.ini from my non modded IL-2 installation and now it works perfectly Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

But thanks for reply and interest !