Trenches

I ask it here but if it isn't the right place, modo's, please move to the right discussion:

searching for the trenches's TGA/TGB (all of them).

don't know where to look and what their directory is, so i can't add the right command lines in the sfs extractor files list.

can someone help me with this? :oops:

PS: it's for the Tobruk Map, there will be the full "protection" perimeter but the actual green colors don't fit the map texurisation....

thanks.

objects or map textures ?

if objects ... download all objects here :

(The link is inoperative)

mod structure:
3do\Buildings\

if just textures ...

\maps\_Tex\Land\summer

trenches.tga
trenches2.tga

hope that will help

cheers
Z

actually it's about the objects,not the the trenches map textures, and also need the meshes and other hier.files.
thanks fly, will see what i can do !

edit: loaded the buildings file, but trenches aren't there (actually no object from the "46" file")

JV69_BADA Wrote:actually it's about the objects,not the the trenches map textures, and also need the meshes and other hier.files.
thanks fly, will see what i can do !

edit: loaded the buildings file, but trenches aren't there (actually no object from the "46" file")

find file names (and location) for them in your static.ini .... path is similar as with other buildings .... add all of that to filelist.txt (extractor) ... see if that works

cheers
Z

ok, will try that! Big Grin

From another thread reposted (same as Zo says but in more detail):

Ok, so here's a way to get the missing filenames to filelist.txt of the extractor.
Suppose I want to get the files to a certain object. I need to know first the FMB name for that object, so I open FMB, place the object, save mission, open mission with notepad and get the name. Let's say the name is
House$City_09
This is a city house of Slovakia.
Next I open the static.ini file with notepad and search for " House$City_09'
So I quickly find the section pertaining to that object, it looks like:

[buildings.House$City_09]
Title City_09
MeshLive 3do/Buildings/Slovakia/City_09/live.sim
MeshDead 3do/Buildings/Slovakia/City_09/dead.sim
AlignToLand 0
Body RockMiddle
Panzer 0.45

So I know now at least some of the filepaths for that object and I know the directory for that object, and that's the key.
Up to now I can safely add to the filelist

3do/Buildings/Slovakia/City_09/live.sim
3do/Buildings/Slovakia/City_09/dead.sim

I can safely add also

3do/Buildings/Slovakia/City_09/live.msh
3do/Buildings/Slovakia/City_09/dead.msh
and

3do/Buildings/Slovakia/City_09/base.mat

Remains to find the names of the tga's and of the corresponding mat files

Normaly the mat files have names like skinhi.mat skinmid.mat and skinlo.mat
So try add those:

3do/Buildings/Slovakia/City_09/skinhi.mat
3do/Buildings/Slovakia/City_09/skinmid.mat
3do/Buildings/Slovakia/City_09/skinlo.mat

Add all these to the filelist.txt
Run extractor and if you open the right archive (in this case its fb_3do19.sfs) you'll get these files.
Open skinhi, skinlo and skinmid mat files in notepad and you'll get the names of the tga's, for this example the skin names is the same as the mat files: skinhi.tga skin mid.tga and skinlo.tga

so adding

3do/Buildings/Slovakia/City_09/skinhi.tga
3do/Buildings/Slovakia/City_09/skinmid.tga
3do/Buildings/Slovakia/City_09/skinlo.tga

will get these files.
Remain to try adding the damage mat and tga files which have normaly the names: damagihi.mat, damagemid.mat and damagelo.mat and similar names for tgas. Try adding these to the filelist...Sometimes there are not all hi lo and mid files for a certain object especially for older versions. Sometimes names are different but you can always find them after a bit of trial and error. For example older objects might not have damagihi, lo and mid.mat but simply one damage mat, etc. Sometines name of skin in the mat file is not the same as name of the actual skin (check for example the warehouse files).
One more thing, the names of the skins are always present in the live.msh and dead.msh. If you open those and do a search for "skin" or "damage" you'll get the full names.

thanks ,lowfighter Big Grin

that is most useful little tutorial

thanks again

cheers
Z

thanks low!

i did that, i get the .msh and .Mat files but not the tga (exept for trench1 skinHi,skinLo,skinMid)

i addes those lines:

3do/buildings/46/trench1/base.mat
3do/buildings/46/trench1/DamageHi.mat
3do/buildings/46/trench1/DamageLo.mat
3do/buildings/46/trench1/damagemid.mat
3do/buildings/46/trench1/DamageHi.tga
3do/buildings/46/trench1/DamageLo.tga
3do/buildings/46/trench1/Damagemid.tga
3do/buildings/46/trench1/dead.msh
3do/buildings/46/trench1/dead.sim
3do/buildings/46/trench1/live.sim
3do/buildings/46/trench1/live.msh
3do/buildings/46/trench1/skinhi.mat
3do/buildings/46/trench1/skinhi.tga
3do/buildings/46/trench1/skinlo.tga
3do/buildings/46/trench1/skinlo.mat
3do/buildings/46/trench1/skinMid.tga
3do/buildings/46/trench1/skinMid.mat

I have a feeling that all trenches use the same skins, will check tomorrow, too much beer today already lol...

thanks!

what beer do you have in rumunia? i'm searching something else to taste, the belgians-ones are so usual for me :lol:

Ahh.. Belgian beer. I'm quite patial to a glass of Chimay Blue! Big Grin

Ok, took a look and indeed all trenches use the same skins and those are the skins of Trench1. You can see that looking for example at base.mat for Trench4, it contains:

[Layer0]
TextureName ..\trench1\skinlo.tga

That means only the three textures present in Trench1 folder are needed. If you want to clone the trenches (not only changing the skins of current ones) then obviously you have to modify also these entries in base.mat's, say, you call all your new trenches trench1bada etc

then in the base.mat of trench4bada you'll have:

[Layer0]
TextureName ..\trench1bada\skinlo.tga

...the files for trench1 are (I cloned it and it works ok)

3do/Buildings/46/Trench1/skinhi.tga
3do/Buildings/46/Trench1/skinmid.tga
3do/Buildings/46/Trench1/skinlo.tga
3do/Buildings/46/Trench1/skinhi.mat
3do/Buildings/46/Trench1/skinmid.mat
3do/Buildings/46/Trench1/skinlo.mat
3do/Buildings/46/Trench1/damagehi.mat
3do/Buildings/46/Trench1/damagemid.mat
3do/Buildings/46/Trench1/damagelo.mat
3do/Buildings/46/Trench1/base.mat
3do/Buildings/46/Trench1/live.msh
3do/Buildings/46/Trench1/live.sim
3do/Buildings/46/Trench1/dead.msh
3do/Buildings/46/Trench1/dead.sim

notice there are no damage.tga files

Romanian beer... the brands I know (I'm not really updated hehe) are pretty straight, no fancy flavors so I can't really recomend something special...

thanks low: indeed, the trenches uses onlt 1skin for all the different models of the trenches!
i put the biggest one as intro screen.

now the pb i have is that i can't make a print screen when the game starts Confusedhock: .disturbing cause i'm sure i've already done it for a map texture before.

Anyway: beer! Big Grin even a tasty refreshing "ale" can be very good, no need to always have the fancy stuff as in the belgian -ones (trappists i mean here :twisted: ).
so give me a name please, will import it Big Grin

I have nothing but respect for Trappist monks.. BURP!! :mrgreen:

Bada, you don't need the splash screen trick anymore see here for the tga converter:
(The link is inoperative)

Romanian Beer: try a "Timisoreana" or "Ursus" :?

Ever had the bavarian Paulaner heffe dunkel?