Northern Atlantis Islands (Marianas) [WIP]

Jeremak Wrote:Can you write now, or soon this storyline of your project? It's interesting idea: your Atlantis grow up from ancient nation, or has been colonisated in modern ages, what "kingdom" does in I World War, and other questions...

Basic storyline has not been outlined yet. But yes I'll start with the Ancients when they first found Atlantis. They pretty much were left alone until discovery by the Portuguese explorers in 1521. :wink:

Hi all,
I was developing a mission when I was playing around with the take offs and landings. for the first time (for me that is) I have a mission where take offs and landings can be done at the same time now. But NOT on the same runway. Look back at my Alexandria Airbase shot and you can see the two runways in it. With this setup, you can have one of four combinations. Both taking off, one taking off and one landing. Other takings off and other landing. Or, both landing.
I'm pretty sure plenty of you have experienced this before. But had to say something Smile

I now have the first Sea Gladiator skins completed now and Screenies soon. Plus I also have some Ju-52 Seaplane skins!

Finally, I also went ahead and did some 1st Air Division skins for the I-153. I actually had these done many moons ago, but never used them. I'm not sure I'll include these yet as I do not have a storyline for these.

Stay tuned.

As the subject says, got more work done on the Port of Alexandria and here are the shots.

Still have plenty to do but getting there Smile

[Image: SeaGladiator5.jpg]

[Image: SeaGladiator6.jpg]

[Image: SeaGladiator7.jpg]

Hey fellas.

I'm still working on this on a daily basis. I'm now concentrating on the far Northern Island which is the second largest Island in this chain. New Airfield called Kingston Airbase on...what else, Kingston Island! Smile

I'll post screenies tomorrow to show my progress. Currently adding in entirely new road system for the islands. I had NO CHOICE as I went and selected CLEAR roads just to see what would happend...it REALLY clears ALL the roads! ACK! Confusedhock:

Live and learn!

Stay tuned Wink

Do you just make this stuff up as you go along or are you using a novel for reference?

Very imaginative stuff, I especially like the mountain, and I hope you include more valleys and hills, they make dogfighting great fun! 8)

... UH HUH! I make it up!

The primary reason is just to have fun and create something while learning the ropes of map making. This map can be used for QMB if someone wished it to be. Also for Coop missions of two or three groups as well. But that could be done by someone else as I'm not gonna do that.

Since the Islands were volcanic in nature, there will be plenty of hills. As for Valleys, the Islands are not large enough to create these and still have what I already got. Maybe the largest one can, but I'm way ahead of the map build process to redo all that now.

I'll have a storyline to go with this which I do have and should give any of the mission makers something to go by.

New screen shots soon.. Smile

Hey all,
Just got done re-working my Mount Relichu with Phasmid's textures. Big Grin

Seems to make my extinct Volcano look much better in my opinion. Smile

[Image: MountRelichu_5.jpg]

[Image: MountRelichu_6.jpg]

[Image: MountRelichu_7.jpg]

[Image: MountRelichu_8.jpg]

Much thanks to Phasmid for sharing his textures! Smile

Wow!! Looking good!! As I love the "what if's" will like to know a bit of the background of this one

Looks great! I can imagine lots of exciting dogfights taking place round it! 8)

RealDarko Wrote:Wow!! Looking good!! As I love the "what if's" will like to know a bit of the background of this one

When I'm ready to release this in Beta, I'll include a brief History...errr I mean Story about how this came to be Atlantis. Big Grin

On another hand, this map would be just fine for anyone wanting to just have good old fun making it into whatever they wanted too. A German base of Operation in the Pacific, Allied transition base between the Americas and Europe, etc.

Sea Gladiator looks very beautiful.
would you please make a MOD to add a hook for Sea Gladiator and Sea Hurrican?
I really want to drive them landing on a aircraft :lol:

crazydog Wrote:Sea Gladiator looks very beautiful.

I asked to have this done several weeks ago. I believe Hawk is taking this task up to create a Sea Gladiator and keep in mind, he's quite busy at the moment with other projects and it's gonna be awhile before he gets to it I think.

Thanks for the complements on my skins Smile

Jadehawk Wrote:
crazydog Wrote:Sea Gladiator looks very beautiful.

I asked to have this done several weeks ago. I believe Hawk is taking this task up to create a Sea Gladiator and keep in mind, he's quite busy at the moment with other projects and it's gonna be awhile before he gets to it I think.

Thanks for the complements on my skins Smile
:lol: Thank you very much for tell me this good news!!