DCG Malta Campaign

Scharnhorst1943 Wrote:When you installed my campaign files, did you just replace them all, or did you copy and paste the DATA IN my files INTO the DCG files? If you just replace the files it could cause you grief ...
Are you running the latest DCG version? (v3.38)

I did exactly this:

Quote:Instilation -

1) Paste the file "NationsAndSquadrons" into your C://Program Files/Ubisoft/IL2 1946/MODS folder.

2) Put all the files in the DGen folder into C://Program Files/Ubisoft/IL2 1946/DGen.

3) Put the skins into the correct folders.

4) copy the contents of the "allcampaigns.dcg" file and paste it into the allcampaigns.dcg file found in C://Program Files/Ubisoft/IL2 1946/dcg336/data. Save and close this file.

5) Copy the contents of the "maps.dcg file" and paste it into the maps.dcg file found in C://Program Files/Ubisoft/IL2 1946/dcg336/data.Save and close this file.

6) Copy and paste the contents of "endcampaign.dcg" into the endcampaign.dcg file found in C://Program Files/Ubisoft/IL2 1946/dcg336/data. Save and close this file.

7) Put "Malta40.mis" in C://Program Files/Ubisoft/IL2 1946/dcg336/Masters.

8) Put "Malta40.rds" in C://Program Files/Ubisoft/IL2 1946/dcg336/Data.

9) Put the actors.static file in your Malta map folder. It should be C://Program Files/Ubisoft/IL2 1946/MODS/MapMods/maps/mrz_Malta

10) add the contents from "squadids.dcg" to your squadids.dcg file in C://Program Files/Ubisoft/IL2 1946/dcg336/data. Make sure to add it underneath the italian squadrons. save and close this file.

Done! fire up and play! You may want to tweak DCG settings if you run into low FPS or missions where you never intercept an enemy

Yes, I'm running 3.38.

I can still run my other DCG campaigns just fine, yours just gives a click sound when I hit generate. Plus, I just discovered that by installing Gaston's mod I can no longer make custom missin to put into the QMB because I replaced a file and no longer have the Blue side option of "German Army" so I get this "Wrong Target Selected" error message. I've been racking my brains for hours trying to figure that out and now have to try and fix that... Sad

It has been a while since I worked on this map, but I seem to remember there were some issues with the Malta map itself causing trouble with my campaign. Can you save and load missions on the Malta map? Check and see if that is the issue. If you have not installed the Malta map, you need to install that too. And if you have it installed, make sure it is working properly.

Quote:It has been a while since I worked on this map, but I seem to remember there were some issues with the Malta map itself causing trouble with my campaign. Can you save and load missions on the Malta map? Check and see if that is the issue. If you have not installed the Malta map, you need to install that too. And if you have it installed, make sure it is working properly.

Yes, I have installed the Malta map and can make and play missions with the FMB. I'm unable to get it to work with the QMB, or any other map for that matter as some mod has gone a wry but that's another story... Smile

Any updates regarding phases 2 and 3 ?