[WIP] FERTE ALAIS MAP will release this week but need help

Hi all,

i'm nearly finished my release but still need a help:
i've filled a lot of static objets on ground of airfield by a mission file.

I tought i can used unlocked FMB to add those objet diretly on map like we do for title of town ..
but this prog can't load mission file..

does someone have an idea to add those object to the map easily ?

thanks

You need to use actors tools, from the map tools pack. (The link is inoperative)

With this tool you can open up actors.static and extract outbuildings.txt

Then use a text editor to cut and paste objects from the [Buildings] section of the *.mis into outbuildings.txt
The lines of text are like this:

0_bld House$Tent_Pyramid_US 1 84012.51 19030.30 390.00
1_bld House$Tent_Pyramid_US 1 84025.67 19025.87 390.00
2_bld House$Tent_Pyramid_US 1 84039.35 19017.45 390.00

Then recreate the actors.static with the new outbuildings.txt file using Actors Tools again. Read the help file with actors tools to understand how to do this.

Ensure you keep backups of original files in case of problems.

Try extracting and recreating the actors without adding things first to ensure you understand the process.

Ashe

asheshouse Wrote:You need to use actors tools, from the map tools pack. (The link is inoperative)

With this tool you can open up actors.static and extract outbuildings.txt

Then use a text editor to cut and paste objects from *.mis into outbuildings.txt

Then recreate the actors.static with the new outbuildings.txt file using Actors Tools again.

Ensure you keep backups of original files in case of problems.

Try extracting and recreating the actors without adding things first to ensure you understand the process.

Ashe

really thanks you

CK_Fougasse

I'll be more than glad to help and test. Could you please PM me you issues and a link to the map you have thus far?

Thanks