ACTORS STATIC !!!

Quote:Hmm, i'm having trouble getting it. :?

I can get move the grid iI select in 3d view but cant make adjustmants to the height. Does the height adjustment show while you work on them?

Use your mouse wheel to adjust the terrain up and down.

Cheers, Neil Smile

Hi All,

I've been playing with the "enhanced" FMB. I'm able to do some things (move airfields, change height, etc, etc). When I'm "done" I just save and I have all the files (actors.static, map_?.tga, etc).

But what if I want to load the map again to keep working on it?

Do I need to "add" the map (with load.ini, etc) and then load it again in FMB?

This is lots of fun, btw!! Thanks whoever did it!

Suppose you work on Guadalcanal
Mariskal each time you exit map building and save go to il2root/maps/guadal copy all files there and paste them into il2root/files/maps/guadal. In the filelist.txt you need to have the paths of these files, for example
maps/guadal/map_h.tga
maps/guadal/actors.static
etc

With variations of this depending you are modifyng a default map or a "new" map which appears separately in FMB

It's such a nice toy! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

That's really cool having the full FMB list. Wondering what are the differences between :

change+
change++

or between:

delete
delete+

And what is it this "change" ?

Well maybe just trying this commands and see what's happening...

fly_zo Wrote:...ok, little update:

list of commands (FMB) to be added in conf.ini under [HotKey builder] !

... choose what you need and add your desired hotkey for them

example :

Ctrl C=copy
Ctrl X=cut
Ctrl V=paste

here is the list:

toLand
normalLand
land
stepAzimut-5
stepAzimut-15
stepAzimut-30
stepAzimut5
stepAzimut15
stepAzimut30
resetAngles
resetTangage90
change+
change++
change-
change--
insert
insert+
delete
delete+
fill
cursor
objectMove
worldZoom
unselect
select+
select-
beginSelectTarget
freeView
break
popupmenu
cut
copy
paste
bridgeLeft
bridgeRight
bridgeOffset+
bridgeOffset-
selectLowLand
selectLowLand1
selectLowLand2
selectLowLand3
selectMidLand
selectMidLand1
selectMidLand2
selectMidLand3
selectMount
selectMount1
selectMount2
selectMount3
selectCountry
selectCountry1
selectCountry2
selectCountry3
selectCity
selectCity1
selectCity2
selectCity3
selectAirfield
selectAirfield1
selectAirfield2
selectAirfield3
selectWood
selectCoastRiver
selectCoastSea
selectRoadRail
selectRoadCountry
selectRoadHighway
selectBridgeRail
selectBridgeCountry
selectBridgeHighway
selectHeightPeak
selectHeightFill
selectHeightBlur
incHeight
decHeight
incHeight10
decHeight10
incCurHeight
decCurHeight
incCurHeight10
decCurHeight10
sqaure1
square3
square5
square7
square9
damage
selectLabel

This extended FMB is great, but I have problems selecting objects. Alt+left mouse does nothing. I can add objects, but I cannot select them so I cannot move/rotate/delete them.

I followed thoroughly all instruction about the conf.ini and bldconf.ini.

I suspect this can be due to the keyboard language (I use the Italian keyboard layout) did someone have this problem?

Thanks
Maraz

Sugestion:
Do you know how the real airfields look like? My frend landed in field with a glider - he knew there is an airfield, but he did not know exactly where. The field was 2 km far from that airfield. Have you seen a csreenshot of Zoln

There are transperant ground plates. These are used on the Desert Online map.

The hard part is lining them up, as they are the size of a normal grass ground plate. The ones on the Desert online map are not lined up very well (gaps=big bumps), otherwise its just a matter of copying from one map and pasting into the map of your choice.

Cheers, Neil Smile

... i line up two ..than make group out of them .... copy /paste .... line up with first ..make group of all ...and so on

hope that helps

Z

6S.Maraz Wrote:This extended FMB is great, but I have problems selecting objects. Alt+left mouse does nothing. I can add objects, but I cannot select them so I cannot move/rotate/delete them.

I followed thoroughly all instruction about the conf.ini and bldconf.ini.

I suspect this can be due to the keyboard language (I use the Italian keyboard layout) did someone have this problem?

Thanks
Maraz

Go to EDIT menu and check do you have ENABLE SELECT marked.

Is there anyway to get rid of the randomlly generated trees?

FC Wrote:Go to EDIT menu and check do you have ENABLE SELECT marked.

That was th problem, thanks !!!! Smile

Is there any way to import static objects from a mission file (.mis)?

Maraz

CKY_86 Wrote:Is there anyway to get rid of the randomlly generated trees?
I don't know exact names so I will call the texture file texture.tga. In textures folder I found "texture.tga" and "texture.tree.tga". The second one was easy to open - probably no transparency. It was 256x256 black picture with some pixels in white. When I compared it with "texture.tga" and randomly generated trees, I realised that every white pixel is a place for the tree...

Maybe something in theses lines in the load.ini?
Quote:WoodMask2 = forest/summer/ForestMask.tga
WoodMask3 = forest/summer/ForestMask2.tga
WoodMiniMasks = forest/summer/MiniMask.tga
SideWood = forest/summer/ForestSide.tga

[APPENDIX]
HighClouds = Clouds256.tga
HighCloudsNoise = CloudsNoise.tga
// CloudsMap = CloudMap4x4km.tga
Moon = Moon\Moon0000.tga
ShadeNoise = land/SandNoise.tga
WaterNoise = water/WaterNoise.tga
WaterNoiseAnimStart = Water/Animated/WaterNoise00.tga
ForestNoise= forest/summer/ListForestNoise.tga
BeachFoam = water/PacificFoam_.tga
BeachSurf = water/PacificBeachSurf.tga
BeachLand = water/RiverLand.tga
CoastBumpNoise = water/CoastBumpNoiseDimas.tga

Tree0 = Trees\AlteredBush9a.tga
TreeLightMask = Trees\LightM256.tga

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC

Thought about this some time ago, but the other way around, because I'd like to have more trees. What would happen if I create a "texture.tree.tga" for whatever "texture.tga", will the game take the texture.tree.tga trees and place them accordingly? Maybe I'll check today...

313_Sheddan Wrote:
I don't know exact names so I will call the texture file texture.tga. In textures folder I found "texture.tga" and "texture.tree.tga". The second one was easy to open - probably no transparency. It was 256x256 black picture with some pixels in white. When I compared it with "texture.tga" and randomly generated trees, I realised that every white pixel is a place for the tree...

lowfighter Wrote:Thought about this some time ago, but the other way around, because I'd like to have more trees. What would happen if I create a "texture.tree.tga" for whatever "texture.tga", will the game take the texture.tree.tga trees and place them accordingly? Maybe I'll check today...

313_Sheddan Wrote:

Someone posted a tip a long time ago about adding ,0 or ,1 or ,2 after the texture references in load.ini. This apparently has the effect of varying the numbers of randomly generated trees. --- Afraid I cant find the original post. I think ,0 may have been the one that got rid of them completely.