What remaining maps need to be made?

Ok, I guess the title says it all.

Please post here with supporting map data what theatres of battle still need to be made. Also those that are already ingame that may need to be altered.

Cheers, Neil Smile

well Italy needs alteration badly ... i think no additional data is necessary here ...

wake and midway needs some actors work ( trees ...)

as for new maps .... Greece would be nice (hope someone will provide data for that one)

regards
Z

I can suggest some maps which need attention..

Leyte, Phillipines.
Darwin, Australia
Tunisia or Egypt
Kiel, Germany
N-W Germany (bigger and better)

I had Crete in there, but apparently it will be in 4.09 along with Bessarabia and Slovakia.

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC

Kharkov
Koenigsberg
Ploesti
Tobruck
Rangoon
Arakan

And plenty of others ...

and pearl harbor needs a real good re-do

tobruk (lybia/egypt) on his way :wink:

Czechia, Das Protektorat B

Stalingrad, needs redrawing the industrial part, which was on Volga not as it is now. Red October, Tractor Facory etc, they were located just north of where the city ends in the game , now it's just grass there...Maybe redoing also Mamaev Hill, also elevating a bit the Volga banks at the city...

Bay of Biscay would make a welcome addition too :wink:

Also Truk, Tokyo Bay area and the Hump to name a few.

I like the idea of the Tobruk and this Bay of Biscay maps the most, but the rest is good too.

My starting problem with a map fro scratch would be the way to determine the map size in pixels and km...how does this works? I got various map_c.tga sizes which do not equal with the 't' and 'h' tga sizes.

vpmedia Wrote:I like the idea of the Tobruk and this Bay of Biscay maps the most, but the rest is good too.

My starting problem with a map fro scratch would be the way to determine the map size in pixels and km...how does this works? I got various map_c.tga sizes which do not equal with the 't' and 'h' tga sizes.

resize map_c and apply it as layer over map_T and map_h ... so you know where is what . It worked for my Bob anyway .... my MWmap_c.tga was 3072x2048 and map_h/T 768x512

Z

VP: For map_h and map_t, 1 pixel is 200 meters. So a map 100x100km would have to be 500x500 pixels.

map_C is 4 times the size of map_h and map_t, so in this example it would have to be 2000x2000pixels.

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC

To make it more precise:
map_c syze is mildly connected with map_T (or map_h)size. It's true that 1 pixel on map c=50 by 50 m.
But map_c doesn't cover all the map but just the regions which have both land and water so there's no simple connection between map_C and map_T or map_h size. Istvan you got your map_c tool I suppose? So then it's like this: you grab a map from internet say it represents 100 by 100 km. In Oleg's word as Meister said one pixel on map_c is 50 by 50 meter. So change the internet image to an image which has 100000/50 by 100000/50 pixel, let's call it map_c_work. Change all land to white and all water to black. Apply the map_c tool to this map. The result will be the TRUE map_c and map_c.tga_table which game uses. From map_c_work create map_T and map_h by shrinking map_c_work 4 times in both directions, that is for our 100 Km example map_c_work would be 2000 by 2000 pixel and so map_T and map_h will be 2000/4 by 2000/4 pixel.

Bielorussia, better Ardennes Map, Lae to Rabaul.

Great info thanx, I was wondering about this.....hehe cool Wink

Cheers, Neil Smile