Falklands/Malvinas WIP

OK, how do you guys do the inflight and FMB map?

I mean, how do you get it to be acurate?
Is there a special technique?

Thanks

Basically I take my map_c, reduce it by 4x, then convert it to RVB and I just colour it. Of course that's easy to say for a map that has no roads or major clearings like the Slot Tongue

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC

Map C is the one tiled, so I get like a Jigsaw Puzzel.
I am working on edm02 an pasting teh roads from T and colour form F, but still I have no idea how to place teh towns acuratlly or the elevations..
V1 of falklands is very very basic, no forsts or towns in 50% of teh map or more but still I just cant figure out how to place acuratlly cities and elevations...

Are all Il2 maps just drawn aproximatlly? jajaja, that explains a lot of dificulties navigating by dead reconing jajaja. So Minimap is not a coded map, its just a nce picture of the real map?

I gues taht it would have been best to start with a bmp map and then turn that into an Il2 map, that way t is much more acurate right?

Never mind I'll keep at it.. any advise or tip is most wellcome thow.

Where I need to send the map in order to get uploaded?

Baco1170,

You wont find any forests on the Falklands, you are lucky if you see a tree or any grass! The only town of any note is Stanley, all others are just a few houses. As for the continent, a different matter.

All your en_01/02/03 maps are based on your map_C, h and T. Just coloured and scaled as appropriate, you could add contours etc if you want to. There is nothing stopping you using a real map if you want as long as it fits historically with what you have made.

One way of looking at it: is there any point in putting things in your navigation maps if the pilot is not going to see it out the window!

CW

Yes Clockwatcher, i know that there are no forest or even concentration of bushes iin Flalklands,, But Darko also modeled Tierra del Fuego and a litllebit of the Southamericna continen that do have forests. one of teh most amaythings views is the Begle channel where you have mountaing rigs coveren in green and white. Its awsom, much like what you see in moveies about alaska, those huge pine woods, also knon as ever greens becouse they don