With maps this big, do we need a quicksave button?

Just thinking out loud here. With these new maps in the works, I'll never find the time to enjoy them to the fullest. I'll never have the free time to fly more than an hour or two at a time. If only I could save my game in flight and come back to it later to finish it off. Is such a thing possible in a flight sim, or even ethical?

:?

Bump!!

....a Save/Resume Game feature is a great idea!!

Such a thing would be great if you could swap save points with others and say, "try getting out of this one mate!" Big Grin

Never saw combat simulator with quick save option ... since spitfire (commodore64) .

But idea is cool , need app that will save momentary state as mission but you'll always start with full ammo and fuel ... for kill records there may be some way to import data similar to DCG/dgen into new mis file .

After slot and other stuff ( torpedo boat... tank) i won't say its impossible .....

Z

I remember in CFS, in something similar to a coop, that when flying with a group of mates, on a countdown, everyone saved their mission when on a long (2-4 hour flight) flight. then it could be picked up at a later date at the exact point of the save so the mission could be completed. this allowed such a mission to be flown in real time, like a bombing mission from England to France or Germany.
Can something like this be made for 1946?
I'm thinking of this for when the BOB map is completed.

Another BUMP!!! This would be awesome!!

I agree, but it would be even better to have something like in CFS2 , with the "press x to skip to the next action sequence"- I HATE missions where you have to just sit there and fly forever, which is why I hardly ever play campaigns. Even using the "Shift+X" or time compression takes waaaay too long.

Just my 2cents...