UNABLE TO OPEN MANY pre-EXISTING MISSIONS AFTER MOD ADD-ON

Hi, calling for help to any guru modder as I realize that after I've installed mapmods and/or destruction mod (?) however many original missions made or in game before mod now can't open in FMB : when attempting to open with FMB an existing mission I receive a window with "LOADING MISSION" and mouse pointer don't "freeze" (like it always appens when a mission/map load well) and nothing change: all still remain "loading mission" window with blue screenSad May be something into i81n? or static.ini (destruction mod?). If i load the same mission in game window it load ok.. please any help/suggestion about this mistery? :oops:

I had the same thing a week ago....cannot remember for the life of me how I corrected it

not i18...never messed with that

maybe something in static.ini...try disabling it by putting a - in front of the static_ini folder

are you using unlockedFMB by any chance ? If so just revert to default bldconf.ini and you'll be fine ...

Z

fly_zo Wrote:are you using unlockedFMB by any chance ? If so just revert to default bldconf.ini and you'll be fine ...

Z

Hi fly_zoo, I don't think to use unlocked FMB because never i've open/used maptools if this is referred about however this is my bldconf.ini

[builder_plugins]
(builder.PlMapLoad)
(builder.PlMission)
(builder.PlMisAir,sectFile=com/maddox/il2/objects/air.ini)
(builder.PlMisChief,sectFile=com/maddox/il2/objects/chief.ini)
(builder.PlMisStatic,sectFile=com/maddox/il2/objects/stationary.ini)
(builder.PlMisRocket,sectFile=com/maddox/il2/objects/rockets.ini)
(builder.PlMisHouse,sectFile=com/maddox/il2/objects/static.ini)
(builder.PlMisTarget)
(builder.PlMisBrief)
(builder.PlMisBorn)
(builder.PlMisStaticCamera)
(builder.PlMisDestruction)
(builder.PlMisFront)
[builder config]
bShowGrid true
bShowName true
bViewRunaway true
bShowTime true
bShowArmy [3,true,true,true]
iLightLand 255
iconSize 16
bViewBridge true
bAnimateCamera true
bActorOnLand true
bSaveViewHLand false
bShowLandscape true
iLightDestruction 128
iWaterLevel 191

-------

TO FABIAN:

Unfortunately it is not even static.ini Sad .. i've renamed and put a - minus symbol before but still no joySad.. I'ts strange because if i load the mission in normal game it load ok..It don't work if i try to open in FMB and this is referred about at 70% of my mission files (!!).. New mission that I've created after introducing MODs all them are open well. in fmb (???)

.... bldconf.ini looks ok ....

sorry falsco , can't think of anything else ....

Z

Do you see the list of all maps in the FMB (Load Map)?

Maraz

6S.Maraz Wrote:Do you see the list of all maps in the FMB (Load Map)?

Maraz

Ciao Maraz, si, Affermativo.. tutte le mappe "vergini" ben visibili ed apribili in FMB . Il mistero e' cercare di aprire molte missioni "vecchie" con FMB ..e' inspiegabile.. qualche mod di oggetti o aerei che interagisce con l' apertura FMB.. :roll:

---------

Yes, all untouched maps are shown well in FMB. The mistery is attempting to open many "old" missions using FMB only..it's unbeliverable.. some mod referred to obyect or planes that contrast with opening FMB.. :roll:

falco,

I have something similar happening, but the missions do actually load. With my old, pre-mod missions that I've been tweaking lately, when I have already opened a regular mission, made edits, and then attempt to load a new (pre-mod) mission, I sometimes get a window with the "LOADING MISSION" notice instead of the "mouse freeze" you get with a "regular/post-mod" mission. The window stays there and nothing happens forever and ever, until I manually go ahead and click it closed. Presto, the mission is there as changed/modified/whatever! I've only noticed this when there already is a mission open---it makes no difference what map I'm on, or which one the mission I am attempting to open is on. But I haven't had this happen at the first load attempt (from the blue screen). Try loading a "good" mission first, and see if that helps. Don't forget to just click on the "X" in the upper corner of the "LOADING MISSION" window after, say, 5-10 seconds, maybe longer for a big mission/map.

Good luck.

falco,

I have something similar happening, but the missions do actually load. With my old, pre-mod missions that I've been tweaking lately, when I have already opened a regular mission, made edits, and then attempt to load a new (pre-mod) mission, I sometimes get a window with the "LOADING MISSION" notice instead of the "mouse freeze" you get with a "regular/post-mod" mission. The window stays there and nothing happens forever and ever, until I manually go ahead and click it closed. Presto, the mission is there as changed/modified/whatever! I've only noticed this when there already is a mission open---it makes no difference what map I'm on, or which one the mission I am attempting to open is on. But I haven't had this happen at the first load attempt (from the blue screen). Try loading a "good" mission first, and see if that helps. Don't forget to just click on the "X" in the upper corner of the "LOADING MISSION" window after, say, 5-10 seconds, maybe longer for a big mission/map.

Good luck.

Sorry for the double post.

tried this too..still no joy.Sad.. I'm in the windSad..

Well, that does suck. Sorry m8, I hope someone can find a solution for you. Of course, there's always the dreaded reinstall if all else fails.

OK sorted out! Big Grin was all.ini with prefix of modder names before load.ini, now all OK-thank to all you for your suggestion however.S! 8)