DCG guide updated. Please Check it out.

Ha, its a possibility.

Also keep in mind the Carriers, I'm not sure how we could really use that as a trigger, but the RN Carriers kept Malta supplied with Aircraft, be it Hurricanes and Spitfires.

They never stayed, however the Illustrious was hit Hard around Malta by Ju-87's and almost sunk.

Hmmmm, well I have Low's DCG Doc's on one knee, and several history books about Malta on the other knee tonight. ;dd

Ill see what I can dig up photo wise about malta airfields and harbors, maybe sicily too ...

Dixiecapt Wrote:Also keep in mind the Carriers, I'm not sure how we could really use that as a trigger, but the RN Carriers kept Malta supplied with Aircraft, be it Hurricanes and Spitfires.
They never stayed, however the Illustrious was hit Hard around Malta by Ju-87's and almost sunk.

We could have an Illustrious class carrier in the map. Basically, we could set it up so that if she is sunk, that would trigger the end of the map. If the Germans / Italians sink the CV, they win the Malta map ...

We could also set it so that if the Italian / German level bombers destroy a certain percentage of the factories / shipyards that would end the map too. I am thinking for the British we need to just put an end date or have a % of ships sunk at harbors maybe ...

Maybe I could talk to Paul and see if he could update a new trigger ...

Hmmmm, well I have Low's DCG Doc's on one knee, and several history books about Malta on the other knee tonight. ;dd[/quote]

Seems like if sunk, the island should be out of supply. Not campaign over, but switch ot every loss is final or something.

The problem with linking things to small numbers of ships is that it is far too easy to sink ships in Il-2, IMO. Larger numbers of ships, like supply merchants is another thing.

spud Wrote:Seems like if sunk, the island should be out of supply. Not campaign over, but switch ot every loss is final or something.

The problem with linking things to small numbers of ships is that it is far too easy to sink ships in Il-2, IMO. Larger numbers of ships, like supply merchants is another thing.

All very true. However, there is a "issue" persay ... you can have a % of STATIC objects destroyed to trigger the end of a campaign. However, it does not always work with things like aircraft squadrons, tanks or all ships. I think it may work with transport ships, but I will have to check again. What I would love to do is make it so that you can have a % of static aircraft destroyed at airfields trigger the end of a campaign. But you can't do this because DCG substitutes the static planes for the type that is at the airfield. Therefore you can't have just one type that gets destroyed. The static planes change on a per mission basis, so they can't be counted. Other objects, like wagon 8, or anything that is static really can work. I know you can have a CV or % of CV's sunk, but when it comes to a % of a squadron destroyed or a moving tank column or ship type, I really don't think DCG can track it and use it as a trigger. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. I will double check but ...

Maybe we can add another Carrier? It would be harder to sink two with the added AA and navy squadrons ... also, if one does get sunk then the campaign won't end premature ...

Come to think of it, it might work with ships, but I don't think it works with squadrons ...

For example. I wanted to do a European campaign, in which I facilitated daylight bombing. I wanted to have the German victory condition being destroying a % of the bombers. If the Germans could get the US bomber squadron levels below say, 50% or 60%, then they would win the map and stop the bombing in that area and the campaign would go to the next map. I never really tested it, as I am still somewhat working on it, but I never really got it to work right. I think the trigger wont work in that way. Hopefully I am wrong about th shipping.

But even still, if at all else, we can have a % of static ships at harbors be a trigger. That could work just as well :wink:

Scharnhorst1943, I just wanted to add a word of encouragement as an offliner and DCG fan .... your guide inspired me to take my first steps in editing DCG's stock campaign rds an mis files (as opposed to just altering squadron a/c type and designation in DCG) to get a more historical flavour, my last try at Kiev 1941 was a blast as a result with activity very similar to that outlined in Prien's book on I/JG3.

I am looking forward to seeing your Malta campaign.

Another one that would be very interesting would be a Summer -Autumn 1941 campaign on the Bessarabia map. For once the IL2 map actually covers most of the right area, and this is no walk over for the axis as the USSR forces in the area were comparatively strong. Plus Rumanian Hurricanes etc...... I know, one thing at a time.... :wink: