Battle of Britain 'Online' Map WIP

Great work canonuk, what fun we can have here.

Little update - I've been working on some Luftwaffe airfields. I've researched these airfields heavily and I think they're almost as close to accurate as I can get them. I've tried to include as many real landmarks/objects around the airfield, based on photos and remaining structures. Take, for example, the distintive shelters at Audembert airfield.

You might remember I posted pics of Caffiers airfield a month ago. Scrap that. My research now has superseded any previous interpretation.

In a week I've got Easter holidays, so two weeks off work (one of the perks of being a teacher Smile ) so I'll have plenty of time to do some serious work on the remaining airfields.

Comments very welcome

[Image: AF1.jpg]

[Image: AF2.jpg]

[Image: AF3.jpg]

[Image: AF4.jpg]

[Image: AF5.jpg]

Joe

Lovely Smile

Cheers, Neil Smile

Oleg eat your heart out!

Sweet job Canon.

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC

Wow, no kidding.

eeer, pics want show? :roll:

Amaything!
By the way, love that 109

I don't like the look of that taxiway so close to the cliffe edge :lol:

Fantastic work canon, I think you might need to make another section on your website :wink:

Thanks all Smile

Avala - no idea why you can't see the pics Sad

Baco - all the skins are available at my site (www.canons-skins.com)

CKY_86 - yeah, pretty perilous, eh? I think it was a pretty defining feature of Cherbourg West so I'm glad I could include it.

You know, given as airfields vary so much and look so different, it's such a shame that the stock airfields are all so boring and repetitive...

Well, back to work on the next airfields Smile

Joe

ahhhhhahhhaw :o

.. i wet my self. Looking Good Tongue Keep up the work

Amazing job Canon!!

Wonderful Confusedhock:

It's ok now, probably was something with my internet. Great job Big Grin

I went down to the National Archives yesterday and did some more research on airfields for my map. I found some excellent photographs of Cherbourg-West which told me that my original airfield was sort of the wrong way round, and not quite in the right place.

I've sorted it now though, so here it is, nestled just below Fort de Querqueville

[Image: CW.jpg]

Joe

Marvelous!

I can only say that should this map include just half the passion and attention to detail used for your skins ( and I'm sure it will ) it will turn out perfect.

Thank you very much for your work.