Battle of Britain 'Online' Map WIP

Absolutely fantastic work!! Thanks for all your efforts.

Thanks guys Smile

I keep getting distracted when I test a new area - I just have to fly several dozen missions Smile

I populated Cherbourg yesterday using Target maps from 1942 as my reference - not much changed between 1940 and 1942.

I've got a 2 week holiday coming up soon so I'll be able to put lots of work in. My plan is to finish all the airfields before I do any more work on towns or cities, just so I can put a 'tick' next to my 'Airfields completed' list. Smile

My visit to the National Archives has given me excellent material for the all the airfields I want to include, except St Aubin-Dieppe. Does anyone have any photographs/maps/plans of this airfield?

Joe

This has got to be the site, but finding pics is difficult..

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&...iwloc=addr

Canon, they all look terrific! I really like Cherboug-West!!!

Looks really good. I reckon you probably need beta testing on a higher end rig too though. Say, a quad core/2gb ram/640mb 8800gts. It just so happens I have one right here........ Big Grin :wink:

Bee: You're right, I will need a beta tester at some point. Once I've finished the entire map (as far as I'm concerned) I'll ask for a couple of testers to help spot any problems. I'll keep you in mind Smile

Joe...bit cheeky but cud i sign up as a beta Big GrinBig Grin...Smile...did u get my offline msn message btw?!

Sparty

Awsome work,just Awsome ! Big Grin

If you have any need for any more Beta tester's I'd love to help out! 8)

I can image that about 20 people have already asked though, so no worries if your filled up! :wink:

Mostly i love to tinker with the FMB and just build missions, which can be a good way to stumble upon problems

I will apply some reversive psychology here.

Canon, I don’t want to be a beta tester, I don’t want to be a beta tester. Big Grin

lol.. :mrgreen:

Wow, I'm flattered by the interest Smile

I guess I'll have more than one beta tester when it's finished Smile

Joe

I've made this little excel file to monitor my progress with the map. As you can see I've got most of te Luftwaffe airfields done - need to work on the RAF ones too. I think most of the cities won't take too long - I'll put in key landmarks and then sparsely and generically populate them.

[Image: progress.jpg]

Joe

Wow Confusedhock:

Good organization skills.

RAF Tangmere Smile

[Image: tangmere.jpg]

Joe