Mapsize in Act_093?

Mapsize is in meters. Okay. But which map? Map_C? Than it will be x 50? :roll:

Can someone please tell me how to set the right size?... I made a map of 26624 x 26624 px. Don't know if this is to big...

Mant thanks in advance!! :lol: 8)

Map_h and map_t should be 200 metres/px, map_c should be 50 metres/px. Follow Clockwatcher's tutorial on making map_h, map_t and map_c, then you can't go wrong.

Oh you can always go wrong.... Clockwatcher's tutorial while being very good, can leave several questions

Map_c needs to be 4x bigger in both horizontal and vertical dimension. You can do that in Microdem per the tutorial using the (set to 50 or 200 meter function) or when you are in whichever graphics program you choose (ie Gimp,/Photoshop) and resize it there. Using Microdem to set meters to pixel only increases or decreases the resolution.

I was seriously confused on this issue thinking it was related to pixels per inch, especially since Gimp allows you to set pixels per meter. Then when people said it had to be 4x bigger I assumed they meant 4x bigger in volume, which means only doubling the resolution. Two days of beating my head against a wall and I finally got it, and it was just a simple issue.

Also be sure you have the right color settings (correct me if I am wrong people)
Map_c and map_h are both set to grayscale (map_c just black and white)
map_F is RGB
map_T is RGB with an alpha channel for the water. (In Gimp you just select make alpha channel and select it to convert the color black to alpha)

map_ed01 is twice the resolution of map_h and RGB color
map_ed02 is the same resolution and RGB COLOR

You can open a stock map_ed file and use the color select tool ("o" key in Gimp) to match your colors so your FMB and in game maps looks like stock maps if you want.

I also find it convenient to use the modify elevation table in Microdem a second time after smoothing DEM holes to change the water color back to Black from the RED it is set to in Clockwatchers tutorial before saving it as a BMP (and then importing into Gimp for further manipulation).

Hope this helps.

There is a tutorial for Actors Tools here:

viewtopic.php?p=40620#40620

Thanks for your help guys!

However i still got a question about actors. static. When you created the "out files" do you have to delete the content of the "out files" or just re- name it in to "in-files" , than "create" and v

You should try running through the actors tools tutorial.
It should all be clear then.

If you want a blank actors.static just make a blank file in a text editor and call it actors.static

To create a new smaller actors.static from an existing one extract the actors.static to get out*.txt then delete part of the outBuilding.txt, then rename all out*.txt files in*.txt
Then run create

There are some other quirks to consider --- read the tutorial noted above.

Using the Slovakia files the largest area I could get to load in FMB was 50x50km -- less than 1/8 of the map

Thanks!

I created a "blank" static tool and re- sized the map to 20480x 20480 px. I made it smaller.
Now i can load the map in "normal mode" but when i want to load it in "mapbuilding mode", a message appears: GL Buffer... etc... and then crashes...

Maybe i need more RAM... Now i've got 2 gig of RAM maybe 4 gig of RAM will do...

So close but yet so far away... Back to the drawingboard...