It is exciting

After I dl some of the mods and looking at what is in the works...

Well, Oleg has got his work cut out for him. The Battle of Britain map looks darned awesome, along with The Slot, etc. The maps in the works and so many other mods... wow!

I check in couple times each day just to see what is going on.

There are things I haven't even seen yet.

I just asked about the inflight map border, there is already a mod for taking that big dumb border off it.

Il2 would have enjoyed alot more interest, if Oleg had taken the time to do just a few of these things long ago. The maps being developed look far and away better than anything previously available.

I haven't even tried the aircraft.

Great work, and best regards to all of you with the skills to make such a difference in this great old sim.. for us all to enjoy.

A very big thank you

many thanks m8 ..... it is much appreciated Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

BTW, please do cut some slack to Oleg .... i do believe that half of not done things are cosed by Ubi ( contracts and stuff) , but that is just my opinion ....

thanks again ,

Z

Whilst I agree with the original poster that all this new stuff is exciting, my personal opinion is that we should refrain from any negative comments towards Oleg or his team. IMO this should rate up there with FM-hacking discussions.

Let's show some respect to the man who made all of this possible.

FltLt HardBall Wrote:Whilst I agree with the original poster that all this new stuff is exciting, my personal opinion is that we should refrain from any negative comments towards Oleg or his team. IMO this should rate up there with FM-hacking discussions.

Let's show some respect to the man who made all of this possible.
+1

Oh c'mon.. He isn't really Oleg bashing, just making a statement of fact.. I thank Oleg everytime I play this game, (along with the modders here).. Without his genius I'd be playing a far inferior game for sure.. But lets not start 'banning' any talk about Olegs gaffs, because he's made quite a few despite his brilliance!

Trooper117 Wrote:Oh c'mon.. He isn't really Oleg bashing, just making a statement of fact.. I thank Oleg everytime I play this game, (along with the modders here).. Without his genius I'd be playing a far inferior game for sure.. But lets not start 'banning' any talk about Olegs gaffs, because he's made quite a few despite his brilliance!

100% agree ..... i'm still little touchy when it comes to Oleg , old habits die hard

Z

I wasn't knocking or putting down Oleg.

My feeling about the guy in a nutshell...

Oleg is not money motivated like the rest of his competitors.

The guy wants to pay his developers and build the best CFS.

Patch after Patch, updates and upgrades have been standard issue with this sim since 1.0

Oleg wants to build the best CFS, and have the best fair online game. That is what I believe in a nutshell.

My regard for Oleg is darned high, but let's face it we all have our issues with things that shoulda and coulda been done long ago.

Pax

Quote:I haven't even tried the aircraft.

You should give the Spitfire MkI a try... it's wonderful!

Huxley_S Wrote:
Quote:I haven't even tried the aircraft.

You should give the Spitfire MkI a try... it's wonderful!

been doing nothing else since v1 got out ...... Balkan team will kill me, cos i didn't touch our map project since ......

Z

BAD ZO!! :wink: