Autopop - BETA v0.1.0

This is a little software to help you guys to populate the maps. Hope this helps, take it in exchange for all the work you all have done here to help me enjoy this game.

Sure you

Ok those of you guys who just downloaded it you should download it again as the old one was a debug version... Sorry about that!

This is how it autopopulated Cartagena, sadly I have still only one city template now and used it for every kind of city, so the buildings only fit the roads in city0 textured tiles.

[Image: 73204842at7.th.jpg]

Excellent work Delco.
I will definitely be giving this a try out.

Need to get my templates finished.

I'm working on templates for the following textures:

sk_DownCity.tga
sk_MidCity.tga
sk_country_mount.tga

All of my Northeast France map towns and villages are now based on those textures.

looking good there Delco Wink

I'm quessing from what you said above, you need to have the map's texturing all finished (ie where you want it) before this will work?

No, you can use it with the map whenever you want, I was trying to explain that it

This is excelent news :!:
Having the ability to control the area on map where the prog autopopulate is a good idea also because then on the whole map you can have different types of village placed on the same texture! So more variation Big Grin
We need now good templates for different textures. I think I'll start working on some.

Two thoughts on how to limit the area.

Perhaps define an area with x1,y1 and x2,y2 coordinates, then have the option to exclude the area inside the box or the area outside the box.

Alternatively make a mask for your map_T to temporarily cover up the town textures which you have already done. Remove the mask once you have finished populating the map. -- Thinking about it this may be the simplest method. You can make a separate map_T for working with the AutoPop Tool. If the town/village textures are kept in separate layers it will be easy to edit them out before processing with AutoPop so you can clearly see which are included.

Lowfighter -- which town textures are you developing templates for. The ones I am working on are listed above.

sk_country_mount.tga is the standard texture for small villages on the Slovakia map.
I have already made clones of a number of these villages.

Asheshouse, I haven't started yet, but I'll try some of the old village/town/ industry textures.
Speaking of these village/town/indistry textures, indeed Slovakia ones are fantastic. I wish maybe in the future we'll have some more textures done in the SAME SPIRIT (they look a lot more realistic than the old ones)

I'm having trouble loading the actors.static and map_T with the Empty1a map....

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

What kind of problem???

I can't actually load the actors.static and map_T supplied with autopop

Ignore me - got it sorted Smile

Hi Delco,
just thought that in this form your prog by default fill only city textures. So I thought that there's need for some flexibility such that the prog fills a variable number of textures (one or more) depending on the .ini file. That's like in the .ini file should be something like
region template period for example an .ini can be just

midland1 template1.txt 800

with only one region namely midland1 filled

or another .ini file

country0 template1.txt 800
country1 template2.txt 1000
city0 template3.txt 1600

What do you think?
What everybody think?

Right now the program alows you to populate the city textures you add on autopop.ini, so if you have your ini as this:

template_city0_period=800
template_city2_period=800

it will only populate the city0 and city2 textured tiles. Anyway I think that