Battle of Britain 'Online' Map WIP

Adler Wrote:Speechless! Great job! Thanks for all the hard work.
Between the new planes and maps this is indeed turning into a new version 4.10 anyone Big Grin
Hey that might not be such a bad idea!

Il-2 Battle of Britain Confusedhock: Big Grin

canonuk Wrote:Yeah, I'm afraid the map will be 4.09. There are lots of objects and textures I'm using from 4.09. Sorry about that, but I recommend you bite the bullet and grab 4.09.

My cities are 95% done, as are the roads. Just lots of little bits of cleaning up and then I'll sort out some beta testing people Smile

Joe

Form an orderly stampede gentlemen. Big Grin

canon must be flying the Spitfire again....no updates today. :Smile)

I'm just going through the extremely tedious task of checking and fixing road and rail networks. Mind-numbing!

What's the flying time between france & the UK on the map?

Can't wait Big Grin

Well, the map is no way 1:1 so, the flight from Dover to Calais is about 4-5 mins in a Spit.

(In best Mr Burns impression) Excellent. Big Grin

Really looking forward to it mate Smile

canonuk Wrote:Well, the map is no way 1:1 so, the flight from Dover to Calais is about 4-5 mins in a Spit.

Brilliant! Keeping in true form with thr "online" maps. When people join a co-op and see a 30 min flight they just leave anyway......good looking out for us hosters canon!

Any chance of getting a glance at the minimap?

The map here:

viewtopic.php?t=2368&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

:?:

Fay King Wrote:
canonuk Wrote:Well, the map is no way 1:1 so, the flight from Dover to Calais is about 4-5 mins in a Spit.

Brilliant! Keeping in true form with thr "online" maps. When people join a co-op and see a 30 min flight they just leave anyway......good looking out for us hosters canon!

Yeah, that's partly why I went for an 'online' style map. Personally I don't like flying for 30 mins to my target (especially if I get shot down straight away!) and I also like maps to run nice and quickly on my PC. The distances are enough though to get a sense of different areas. It takes about 25 mins to fly from the east border of the map to the west border.

Joe

Cry
I thought that it`ll be 1:1 scale map Cry Cry Cry
But i`m universal-pilot. I like to fly long range (and time) reids.

OLORIN Wrote:Cry
I thought that it`ll be 1:1 scale map Cry Cry Cry
But i`m universal-pilot. I like to fly long range (and time) reids.

Don't worry mate... there's a 1:1 BOB map project from ClockWatcher and 352nd team going on!
but you you wanto to have fast action over the Channel this 'online' map will be a must Wink

It looks incredibly awesome!! Even the minimap looks great! Release yesterday plz! :lol: :lol:

Thanks Cannon, I love that minimap. I wish I had your habilities...
That is an inspiring Minimap for sure...