Battle of Britain 'Online' Map WIP

I dont have the Destruction mod but im having the same problems...not being able to save!..ideas?

Sparty

Check objects in FMB

You should have 700+

If the list only goes to 600 then your version of the game is 4.08

Check your files list and delete the 'files/com/maddox/il2/objectsstatic.ini' line from your filelist

Should be at the top if its there.
Something is preventing the map from loading 4.09bm objects.

try disabling the FMB+ ....... a lot of these have been saying their missions won't save.......don't know what is responsible....we'll all have to try and find the real cause

Adler Wrote:Check objects in FMB

You should have 700+

If the list only goes to 600 then your version of the game is 4.08

Check your files list and delete the 'files/com/maddox/il2/objectsstatic.ini' line from your filelist

Should be at the top if its there.
Something is preventing the map from loading 4.09bm objects.

What if you are using the wrapper, have no filelist to edit and no static.ini to delete? :oops:
I'm at work atm, but I'll have to do a thorough search of my mods folder to see if any delinquent static's are lurking about.

A quick addition: Like Sparty I have the destruction mod removed, and also tried a completely vanilla install of soundmod 9.3 without success. Still no go :?

Any other ideas are most welcome. :wink:

I'm wondering if anyone has a virgin 4.09b static.ini that they can post?

Might have allready been suggested but i'll say incase it hasnt.

Are all your beta testers using 4.091? If not then that could be causing some clashes & the reson why some can't save a mission.

Im using 4.09 with the 1 st sound mod released still ( i.e. 9.0), no destruction mod at all and everything works fines except for the bob map, & i have the new wrapper..now then 4.091 & 4.09b..are they the same??....

I think there is only 4.091 at the moment. 4.09 will be the supposed final patch to the series & at the moment we have the beta of 4.09, 4.091.

Got it fixed here - Finally!!!

A really simple thing too. For several mods, I had several com\maddox\il2\objects folder paths in a bunch of different mods sub-folders. Now I didn't twig that this would be a problem in any way, because I only had one static.ini file in the whole lot. This was in the alphabetically last, Z_Basic mods sub folder where I kept all the general files.

After days of head scratching, all I did was move this static file from the alphabetically last mods sub folder, to the first occuring com\maddox\il2\objects folder. Thats it. Problem solved Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Might be a stupid question, but will the old map be released? Or is it obsolete, now you are working on a better (larger) map?

Well, I'm kinda torn to be honest.

I've made such headway with my new map in terms of terrain/texture etc that I'm almost a little embarrased by my original BoB map. Of course things like airfields and other key objects will find their way into the new map but not much else will.

So, I'm almost tempted to just crack on with the new map instead of spending time getting the old map ready for general release. I don't think it'll take that long until I'm ready to release a beta of the new BoB map (couple of weeks, max)

Joe

Don't rush it mate.. Just take your time! :wink:

My personal opinion canon is to abandon the first map,and press on with this one,using everything you have learned!
Much as I really want this map now,I can wait for something that you will be happy with.

+1 for Uther's idea

S!