DCG Project [mrz_Malta Map]

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...+squadrons

A shameless bump. Big Grin Any Progress?

Bump! Sad

The ball is actually totaly out of my court now.

However I will send some folks a mail and get them to come give ya an update!

Yes guys there is progress. I am sorry it is taking me a little slower than I had hoped.

I have all the roads done for Malta in 1940 and the necessary files made. I have most of the static objects for level bombing populated. I have been holding off on the squadrons because I was trying to add more Italian squadrons. Well, with the help of Gaston, I will be getting a file soon and will be able to add them in. Static aircraft won't be a problem. I will do incrimental releases for you guys. First I am going to release Malta in 1940 with the Italian air raids.

In the download I will have all files made and ready, I will tell you where to add them to your DCG files so that you can incorporate it into your regular DCG campaigns.

The second release will be Malta in 1941 when the British get resupplied with Hurricane IIb's.

The third release will be Malta in 1942 when the Germans start their seige.

The fourth release will be Malta in 1943 as a staging ground for the invasion of Sicily.

After all of the releases, I will show everyone how to have any of the above Malta campaigns integrated into their current DCG campaings, and secondly how to have just a Malta campaign that goes from Malta1940 Arrow Malta1941 Arrow Malta 1942 Arrow Malta 1943.

But first thig is first. Everyone realize that doing the first map is the hardest. After I get Malta1940 done ... the others should not take near as long as it is simply editing the previous one.

This is the plan. I have not forgotten you guys, thanks for your patience Big Grin

OK guys!

I have submitted Release_1 to be put up for download.

DCG_Malta_Release_1

Campaign is Malta in the summer of 1940. Player can play for either Britain or Italy. British planes include Gladiator MkI & II. Italian planes include Cr.42, G.50, MC_200_serries1. For Italian bombers, I have included a Italian skin for the DB-3M. You can play as a bomber pilot too.

I would like to give a special thanks to both Gaston and Dixiecapt. Gaston helped by adding more Italian squadrons, thus making playing as the italians possible. Dixiecapt has worked with the Malta map maker to update and add to the actors.static file mor Malta. He has also researched and created the towns and airfields form photos taken. Without either of their help, this would have taken longer and not been as good.

I have submitted it, so look for it in the download section soon :wink:

ok, it is up .... Big Grin

Scharnhorst1943 check your PM

cheers,
Z

Edit: please check second PM !!!!

Got your second PM fly_zo!

I took care of everything, and both of those issues are now resolved. I have mailed you an updated file for submission. The new one should be good to go with no conflicts.

Also, please check your second PM

Thanks

ok , its up and ready ....

cheers

Z

When and where would we be able to download the campaign? Will it be here or at Lowengrin.com or both?

vonofterdingen Wrote:When and where would we be able to download the campaign? Will it be here or at Lowengrin.com or both?
It will not be available at Lo's page because this is a campaign for a map that is not in default maps. Because it requires the mod and Paul is not for the mods (but not against them either) I know he will not support this particular campaign.

I am doing some last second tweaks and will hopefully have it up today. It will be in the map mod download section, unless fly_zo thinks it would be better somwhere else ... ?

I will have phase 1 out today. I will keep you all updated Smile

well, IMHO it would be best if you post d/l link here ( or start new thread ... Wip) and once this project is done ( all planed campaigns .... grandcampaign....) i'll see with Creepy847 to publish the whole project in IL2 Campaigns section ....

if that's ok with you ...

cheers,

Z

fly_zo Wrote:well, IMHO it would be best if you post d/l link here ( or start new thread ... Wip) and once this project is done ( all planed campaigns .... grandcampaign....) i'll see with Creepy847 to publish the whole project in IL2 Campaigns section ....

if that's ok with you ...

cheers,

Z

That is perfectly fine with me. I will start a new thread here in WIP section, because some might have issues with setting up DCG.

it's a deal then Big Grin

Z

OK, new thread is posted with download link. Here is the thread

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...php?t=4143

Here you guys go. Let me know what you think.